Agreed Value Insurance: Why? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Agreed Value Insurance: Why?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by EastMemphis, Jan 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. V8Fun

V8Fun Karting

Aug 16, 2010
    Chicago West Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's a great rate (and I thought mine was good!)... I do have 2 questions though
    1. Have you ever had a claim? If so, how was that experience?
    2. Do you have annual mileage limits on the cars?

2. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    USAA will pay a total loss at market price, which will be low. If you have the title (no Lein) you can purchase a rider that gives you market value plus 30%. Guaranteed value by Hagerty sets the value of the loss up front. You may also want to get a quote from Nationwide. they beat USAA and offer guaranteed value.

EastMemphis and Texas Forever like this.
  3. forshage

forshage Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 3, 2014
    Altadena, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl Forshage
    I’m a big believer in USAA, they normally cover me quite well. But breaking out my 430 and My Pantera Hotrod from them and going to Hagerty appears to be saving me $4,500 per year. I just haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but plan to

daytona355 likes this.
  4. Neil22

Neil22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2018
    Oxford CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Silberkleit
    This is very interesting I see the claim of big savings form a lot of you with an agreed value policy-
    When Haggerty finally agreed to take the 360 at a value of 90K It was going to cost $400- 500 more per year and have restrictions.
    That does not include dropping liability (hibernation) for the winter months.

State Farm did not offer an agreed value policy but I was able to add replacement cost - and they are only one of a hand full of companies that would even consider insuring the 360. I have a deal through work for Liberty and they would not even consider the 360!

5. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    This slays me. These run of the mill insurance companies will insure new, fully opted Dually pick up trucks, high end Lexus's etc. with all the options that cost over 75K but they tell you they won't touch your 360. How many cars do they insure that are worth more than your 360 that will be driven everyday, in traffic, and will cost just as much to repair as the 360.

You are correct. State Farm does not offer an Agreed Value policy but they will fill your head will all the right words to say to get your premium. No Agreed Value --that is where it ends for me. If you haven't read my previous post above (#17) then you should and you will know why you need to only pursue an Agreed Value policy. Leave the Toyotas and Hyundis to the gecko lizard and Flo.

daytona355 likes this.
  6. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
    Dallas vs Atlanta, and a completely flipped Insurance equation. Check around and caveat emptor.

carnutdallas likes this.
  7. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Calling them Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.