Weak Stomach? Don't Watch, F50 Collides w/ Pista Piloti | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Weak Stomach? Don't Watch, F50 Collides w/ Pista Piloti

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FerrariFR33458, Jun 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Image Unavailable, Please Login I was in the silver car directly behind. All these comments here and Jalopnik and elsewhere are hard to read.

Five days of Cavalcade with tens of thousands of fans cheering you throughout southern Italy. The most amazing experience possible driving a Ferrari.

This couple was with me on the boat ride to Napoli and in good spirits and generally healthy. The gentlemen cut his head pretty good and the wife was sore from the seat belt. Thank goodness nobody was more seriously hurt.

If you ever have the chance to participate in Cavalcade, do it. It is unbelievable! We all have a passion for Ferrari as owners, but the Italian people? It is absolutely unfathomable how much they love Ferrari! Town after town, corner after corner we were met by screaming, flag waving fans. Bands. School children singing and cheering.

At lunch one day, the mayor of this one town came to each table thanking us for coming to his city.

Capri? Never before or after will such an event occur. An island with a few buses and cabs had 120 Ferrari climbing their hills and streets on a glorious evening. All the drivers in tuxedos and formal wear. The entire island shut down to witness this beautiful sight.

Igor Ound, LARRYH, C50 and 7 others like this.
  2. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It's 100% the F50's fault.....we can't see in front of the Pista....maybe a spectator went into the road.....no matter what the car behind needs to travel at a safe distance and clearly did not.....

Boomhauer and Rifledriver like this.
  3. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Also a comment on old vs new brakes. A more modern car would probably have been able to stop in that distance.

4. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    Somewhere out there is an overhead shot of the crash (I cringed as I typed that) and it's pretty clear the Pista stops rather quickly for no reason that's evident in the video. To be fair, the F50 is shown braking a fair distance away but at the speeds being travelled, I can only assume there just wasn't enough stopping distance.

amenasce likes this.
  5. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Its too bad that there are so many people in the world who should never own a Ferrari

6. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I searched and this clip did not seem to be posted here yet..

seems quite recent given 488 pista..
    not sure where this could be, seems initial car driving by is a 458 J50...?

relatively minor impact, but heavy damage to F50.

looks like quite an older couple step out of F50.

7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Repost.
    See Cavalcade Classic Rome September 2019.
    German owned F50.

Marcel Massini

Flavio_C likes this.
  8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes there is a drone clip and the Pista brakes for no apparent reason. I wonder if he freaked out bc of a spectator being too close.

9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Narrow road, lot of traffic and lots of pedestrians. Many reasons to go slow and be careful.

anunakki and Nospinzone like this.
  10. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Where is this clip?

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I cant fine anymore, it was on insta.

12. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    In the instant before the crash the Pista driver looks in his side mirror, sees the F50 approaching, and starts to pull away, but it’s too late. A shame. I have friends who were on this cavalcade who say it was the best event they ever attended, and they own a very special Ferrari.

13. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    The good news is no one appeared to be hurt and the F50 can be fixed and will be good as new in fact once finished it will likely be better than ever (although it will not have original paint ..)
    I will give the F50 owner one thing at least he was driving the car instead of hid in showroom garage forever.. I hope all ends well

14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Was that Vettel in the F50?;)

Nospinzone likes this.
  15. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    Pistas fault 100%.

Tarek307 likes this.
  16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Neither car will be the same again. Glad no one seriously hurt. The F50 damage could cost more to fix than the Pista is worth.

17. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Those who keep saying its the F50's fault..get real people..the Pista suddenly stopped , its not like you're gonna drive 5 car lengths away when you're on a drive like this.

18. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Saw something similar years ago at an event. There was a "parade" of cars leaving one event location heading to the next location. Spectators were watching and filming and taking pictures. One driver right in front of me turned to mug for the camera and didn't see the line of cars stop in front of him. He rear-ended two nearly new Ferraris before it was all said and done.

On a side note it was then I decided I needed to up the liability insurance on my lowly 308 if I was going to be driving on events with these other much more valuable cars!!

19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I disagree, 5 car lengths, 2 car lengths, 20 car lengths, you drive at whatever distance you need to stop your vehicle safely. If you are on a race track I understand a half car length, but on a pleasure drive you need to be on top of the car in front of you?