California trunk release ugh!! | FerrariChat

California trunk release ugh!!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Carl wilson, Jan 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carl wilson

Carl wilson Rookie

Jan 11, 2020
    Just bought a 2010 California from Copart
    With a little suspension damage. Got that fixed but I can get the trunk to open. There no body damage to this car . The trunk will go up about a inch and that’s it when pushing the remote or button beside seat . I have to use key to get it to open completely or I can jump relay under foot well and it works fine . The relay is not getting a ground signal from bcm .tried all the reset procedures and none have worked so far.The roll bar did deploy but I was able to push a lever and get those back down don’t know if they have anything to do with this issue are not. Does anyone have any ideas. Running out of options any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    On my Portofino: Pushing the trunk release button on the fob or door activates a motor that raises the trunk slightly. It doesn't pop all the way open. You have to lift it open.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Likewise on my '11 Cali...T

4. Carl wilson

Carl wilson Rookie

Jan 11, 2020
    It raises up but it’s still latched I’ve tried pulling on it but it’s still latched I have to jump a relay or put key in by license plate and turn to get it to unlatch. Thus also makes it so my top don’t go up or down . I can start the process of opening or closing top until I get a malfunction indication of trunk message on screen get out and unlock it with key and then I can continue with top operation

5. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Usually due to a misaligned latch on the car and not the trunk.

Try holding the trunk open button and the unlock button on the fob at the same time to open. Else, have the dealer realign the latch...

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Perhaps the car still thinks the roll bars are deployed, that may need to be reset by the dealer.

7. Carl wilson

Carl wilson Rookie

Jan 11, 2020
    Is there a way to do a full system reset my epb light is on also along with electronic suspension but all connections are good just need to clear all this stuff is there any way besides carrying to dealers

8. junior_money

junior_money Rookie

May 25, 2022
    Full Name:
    Junior
    I've got the exact same issue, no collision damage though. BCM not grounding the relay. I can open the trunk by jumping the relay. Did you fix the problem?