QuickJack BL 5000 SLX from Costco | FerrariChat

QuickJack BL 5000 SLX from Costco

Discussion in '308/328' started by Freddie328, Jan 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Freddie328

Freddie328 Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2013
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Morning All
    Does anyone use this jack with a 3X8?
    If so, does the cars possible jacking points suit this lift, and if so how easy is it to use?
    Many thanks in advance for any comments.

2. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Two threads already existing. Look in detailing section.

3. gsholz

gsholz Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2006
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I'm using it on a 599. Works great. Dealing with the large engine tray is a bit awkward as the lift points interfere with removal. You have to lower the car to remove tray. It would be the same for a two post lift.

Freddie328 likes this.
  4. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    I have one. It’s useful but not as useful as a real lift. With the 308 so low and the jacking points quite far inboard I have to crawl about to line everything up. I also had to build ramps to raise the 308 above the platforms as the did not fit under the car without them.

I wrote up the experience here:

http://308restoration.com/2017/09/quickjack-part-1/

I needed a new hydraulic unit after 6 months due to an internal leak. The manufacturer sorted out a replacement within a week

Regards
    David

Freddie328 likes this.
  5. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

This confuses me. The Quick Jack slides right under my 308. I set the hoses to the front, and have a board that I set against the rear tires with marks on it. That shows me where to set the rear of the jack in front of the rear tires so the blocks are just behind the factory jack points. Then I adjust the distance at the front and set the rubber blocks so they hit the front cross rail. I can have the car in the air in about 15 minutes. I believe even with a regular lift you would still need to crawl around a bit to adjust to the jacking points.

Dane likes this.
  6. Freddie328

Freddie328 Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2013
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    The sales leaflet says they drop to 3" and according to the 328 spec ground clearance is 4.6", so should slide straight under. Can you store the jacks under the car? i.e. slide them towards the centre line of the car and drive straight over them?

7. forrest1

forrest1 Karting

Jan 8, 2011
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Forrest
    Yes, that's exactly what I do. Be sure not to drive over the hoses.

Freddie328 likes this.