Front end lift kit | FerrariChat

Front end lift kit

Discussion in '348/355' started by jeffdavison, Jan 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    #1 jeffdavison, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Saw this kit for coilovers that give a car either a front end or all corners a lift of 1.25, 40mm or 2.5" lift.
    Superlite Cars used to sell it, now this company sells it. Not "too" pricey. Always wanted to do this on my F355, as I've scraped too many times, especially now that I want to put a front spoiler on the car, I want to avoid damage or repaint. It looks like the lifting blocks install above the stock springs and the lower adjustment of the coilover spring in lowered by the same amount to use the stock suspension...https://www.ramliftpro.com/

2. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    I asked Ramlift about fitment and this was their reply: The lift ram and spring washer require roughly 3” of room between the coil spring and spring preload/height adjuster. If you you do not have that much adjustment on your setup then you will need a 2 1/2 - 3” shorter spring. Usually the rate can stay the same. Ramliftpro

3. judd10

judd10 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    wow - that would be awesome if this kit worked well for the 355/348s without changing the suspension geometry.

4. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    You would need a much shorter spring. There are no more threads left on those front shocks. I've never looked into shorter springs with the same rate. Its not a very tall spring to begin with

5. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Perhaps aftermarket coilovers would have additional threads over the stock. If only 1 1/2" free space available, then only a 1 1/2" shorter spring would be required.

6. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    There are plenty of threads on the stock shocks for the 348 to go down, not sure if you need more in the opposite direction. Here is a pic on the stock shocks. Might be different on 355 Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    If the stock coilovers don't have the extra threads, I could go aftermarket (Moton, Nitron, etc) for the extra adjustment length AND a set of lowered springs such as H&R, or whoever. The un-activared lifting pucks would then bring the front up to near stock height.