Scuderia exhaust shields for diffuser | FerrariChat

Scuderia exhaust shields for diffuser

Discussion in '360/430' started by JuniorGTR, Jan 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JuniorGTR

JuniorGTR Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Jr
    I noticed my carbon diffuser is getting some discoloration from the exhaust sitting right above it. The top side, bumper cover has 2 metal plates that I assume prevent damage from the hot exhaust on the bumper cover, wondering if they made a similar plates to protect the diffuser. I've searched and short of making a pair of customer CF plates for it I have not found anything. Anyone happen to see/know of a product for this?

Thanks

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    There is aluminum faced insulation materials. I would think lining the back of your diffuser with that would suffice.

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Hi also from NJ and a Scud .. I redid all the engine compartment carbon fiber do to heat discoloration and I did not know that it also may affect the exterior CF ..

Life got in the way so the pieces are still not in car ..been looking for something to cover the underside of the panels above headers since that is where most of the discoloration was ..

Maybe whatever people suggest can be used for my needs as well .. mine would be a higher temp though

What part of nj are you from ?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I’ve never heard or seen this on the exterior diffuser, but I would think another remedy to prevent this from happening again to a new diffuser would be to install longer exhaust tips e.g. the ones from kline innovations.

5. JuniorGTR

JuniorGTR Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Jr
    Yea I have those already, they protect the inside of the CF part. I am specifically looking for a shield/plate that goes on the outside under the exhaust tip.

My bay looks perfect, its just the lower CF diffuser under the exhaust tips I worry about.

I was in the East Rutherford area until this past fall, I moved to upper Bergen. I had made a post a few years back about a local white scud as well. That you?

I think I am just going to have some TI or CF finishers made to place under the tips at this point. I cant seem to find anything, I vaguely remember seeing a set on a Challenge car during an event in the past, wondering if they where just custom parts.

Thanks for the help guys, the search will continue until I either make or find a set.