New Ford GT | Page 95 | FerrariChat

New Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Aside from racing and how fast each car is, you gentlemen raise another interesting point- about numbers affecting value. Looks like Ford is trying to keep NFGT production in the ballpark with the F40.

Production:
    F40- 1,311 to 1,315 (depending on source)
    NFGT- 1,350 (latest anticipated)​

2. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    You’re right. They don’t compare. The GT is a successful homologation car. The fact that your nose is up Enzo’s behind doesn’t change that.

Boomhauer likes this.
  3. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    I think those numbers are the upper limit for maintaining the exclusively generally demanded by people spending obscene amounts of money on a car.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'd much rather have the Ford than an F40, but then, I never liked the F40. Too fugly and raw. If it was between the Ford and the F50, now we're talking. NA V12 manual wins.

Plus, there you have proper Ferrari exclusivity. The lowly 456M is as rare as the F40.

Boomhauer and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  5. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Pfft. Philistine. Enzo “personally signed off” on the F40. You know, the guy who couldn’t really care less about street cars blessed the F40. I’m sure he would’ve been real proud of its racing prowess.

6. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    The F40 is a dog compared to the F50, Enzo's signature or no. Never drank the turbo V8 Kool-Aid, and I don't care for the modern turbo V8's either. And I'm a dinosaur, not a philistine. :)

7. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Lol. I understand the “last to be blessed by Enzo” cult. My dad made a tuna melt before he died, so, naturally, I’ve always considered tuna melts to be the ne plus ultra of sandwiches. On the other hand, my dad really hated tuna, but it was the only thing available at the time.

E_Man, Face76, G. Pepper and 2 others like this.
  8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Carrera GT is right in that range, too. it does seem to be a balancing point of supply/demand

energy88 likes this.
  9. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Major bonus points for ne plus ultra. It is what I strive for: The sine qua non of mechanical efficiency in music. :)

10. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Hence your ear for V12s.

11. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #2361 dmark1, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020

You know that Ferrari’s are considered the greatest road cars ever and Fords are generally considered pieces of common **** right?
    No matter how you build up the “racing heritage” of the greatest 6 cylinder Ford ever it pales in comparison to Ferrari’s 70 YEARS OF RACING HERITAGE. But hey, go ahead, pay that million!

Enjoy polishing that blue oval while you’re at it.

By the way, wanna race my Pista?
    I’ll even keep the extra weight of that half million I saved in the boot to make it a little fairer. :p

12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I kind of like this debate. Super passionate and hilarious wit from both parties. Tip my hat to both.

Tenney likes this.
  13. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    The greatest road car ever happens to be a McLaren, but I digress. I would venture a guess that only those who wear Scuderia panty Shields fail to recognize that Ford has won and forgotten about more races than Ferrari has ever even competed in. I’m glad you like your Pista. I was poking around one at a shop and was very impressed that Ferrari has nearly matched the build quality of a C7 Corvette.

Phil~ and Boomhauer like this.
  14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    And I would take the F40 over this overpriced 6 cylinder all day every day and twice on Sunday. Different strokes for different folks!

G. Pepper likes this.
  15. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    I'm joining this discussion very late, and what I'm about to say may have already been said, but as it relates to racing heritage and success, I believe I'm correct in stating (in fact, I know I've read this) that Ford has more total racing victories in automobile racing (looking at all series of auto racing) than any manufacturer in history. Of course they are huge compared to Ferrari, and can field more types of automobiles and/or their powertrains, in more styles of races than Ferrari, but regardless, statistics are statistics, and from a sheer numbers standpoint, no automobile manufacturer comes close to Ford's total racing success.

GuyIncognito and Boomhauer like this.
  16. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    ^ What he said. Enzo Ferrari built road cars to support his racing ambitions. Racing was paramount to him. How ironic and embarrassing that the F40, an abject failure in competition, is considered by the sycophants to be his greatest creation. The GT is the car Enzo hoped the F40 would be.

Boomhauer likes this.
  17. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
  18. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    your posts are a source of great amusement to me in their naïveté. Keep it up! Your very entertaining!

energy88 likes this.
  19. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Don’t let me stop you from pi
    I know, it’s painful when someone brings to your attention what the Kool-Aid really tastes like. Don’t let me stop you from posting facts demonstrating Ferrari’s superior racing history.

Boomhauer likes this.
  20. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

See? There you go again! Two good laughs in one day!

(notice you didn’t accept my challenge - very wise)

21. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    When someone tells me about the “build quality” of a Corvette (oh ,,, yeah..I’ve owned FIVE.).. I know they are either a comedian or delusional. So I’m going to go with comedian.

22. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

Lol KOOL AID?

You mean like having to make a syncophanic slavering demeaning video to send to Ford proclaiming your ever loving devotion to them if they “only will consider” you having the chance to pay a half million dollars for their newest 6cylinder Lambo look alike car? Puulllease Mr Ford sir? I have my knee pads on and everything! I promise I won’t sell it either!

Talk about drinking the Kool Aid and a simpering cuckold!

23. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Neither Ford nor FCar ('rarri?) would stand a chance against Steve Austin on a Schwinn.

btw, conspiracy theorists suggest Jim Jones used Funny Face instead of Kool Aid (Freckle Face Strawberry).

24. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    I didn’t submit any video, but yeah, everyone knows Ferrari doesn’t jerk its customers around. I’m sure you put those kneepads to really good use to get your Pista.

ghibliman, FLGT and Boomhauer like this.
  25. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Enough bickering. 30-day thread bans.

Boomhauer, BJK and k wright like this.