'17 Lusso market | FerrariChat

'17 Lusso market

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by tomorrow, Jan 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomorrow

tomorrow Rookie

Nov 8, 2017
    USA
    Does anyone know where Lussos are trading in relation to MSRP? Not asking prices, sales prices. Please feel free to PM if sensitive.

2. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Been wondering very same thing in UK market. Noticed two nearly new ones sold in the past week or so - or at least dropped off the dealer websites.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    LdM built the FF for his friends. It was what they wanted at the time.
    The Lusso seems to have strayed even further from some basic Ferrari values. Perhaps the market is starting to recognize that trait and not in a good way...

4. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    The Lusso strayed away from its basis Ferrari values?

The car drives amazingly well for any luxury sport car on the market.. it absorbs all the undulations of the road very well but yet still retains its firm feel and planted when driving.

For me it seems like the car has a dual personality, luxurious and planted when travelling the roads at normal speed. Then it turns into a true Ferrari when you put the car in manual mode and that motor sings for all it’s worth. It handles extremely well and the four-wheel steering makes the car feel shorter... it turns a dime.

The interior has also been extensively updated to make it feel like it’s in this decade and it has not lost any of its Italian flair for body style and interior ergonomics. The smell and the quality of the leather on the interior is top notch. Here in Canada day Lusso has a one year waiting list which is a very good indication of the by-in from the lux car buyer market for the car.

It would be interesting to see how the car fares on the used car market over the next couple years. Probably not too different from the FF market but the Lusso is still an awesome vehicle to drive when you can’t drive a sports car daily or during the winter months.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    The GTC4 Lusso will be the last V12 four seater after a long history of great gentlemen’s GT’s by Ferrari. I was told that my dealer has no more allocations and the production will be over later this spring for US models, I don’t know about other markets.

I know I will not be selling mine, what would I buy to replace it? Not the V8T, I love the V12! Once sold out this car will be sought after. You can have a whole collection of limited edition Ferrari’s, but your not driving them on a daily basis, the Lusso really works as a practical daily driver. I had a 6 foot 4 inch friend in the back seat yesterday and he was amazed how well he fit and the front passenger was also comfortable. It’s a fabulous GT, fast and practical.

deltona, j09333, uhn2000 and 4 others like this.
  6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Nothing to add to the above.
    just to comment about Ferrari "straying" and therefore experiencing depreciation immediately after purchase.
    Was there any 4 seat Ferrari that did not depreciate almost immediately?
    400i?
    456?
    612?
    None of the above has ever commanded premiums as a used car.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  7. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Once all the engines are turbo, I think even the ff’s will bump up in value. I drove the lusso t. It was a joke. Very unimpressed. Sad to see what’s happening to the automotive industry. By 12 years almost everything will be electric. Just the way the world is going. Nothing can be done but to enjoy what we have now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Altoria F, markonex and uhn2000 like this.
  8. tomorrow

tomorrow Rookie

Nov 8, 2017
    USA
    Gentlemen, for the purpose of this thread, I don't care whether the lusso is ingenious or folly, or how history will judge it. I am asking where the market is right now. Thank you.

RyanFoH likes this.
  9. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I think any used V12 Lusso over $300k is overpriced.

I have noticed none of them selling and very little interest in them. Dealers are asking 5-6% below MSRP on one of the fastest depreciating cars....not realistic at all.

10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Low mile Lusso (less then 5k miles) is about $250k trade, $275-285K retail.
    Asking prices do not reflect actual sale prices.
    They are a hard sale at the moment, since the prices are still too close to new cars and most buyers able to spend $300k range prefer to stretch a little bit and get/order what they really want with no compromise required when you buy someone else's spec.

11. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I will admit that at first I was a little taken back by the softness of the Lusso (compared to FF) but the way it just comes alive and handles like a go-cart on rails really made me the appreciate this magical V12 2+2 achievement by Ferrari. It does everything just so well, trunk, people, even the passenger display is amazing. I hope to keep it for many years to come and just pile on the kms!

Neil on a side note we were being "Uber'd" on Dade Drive in Miami last weekend (Saturday) I think I saw you blow by in the 812 unless there is another BlueP one roaming around - what an epic sound :)

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  12. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I was at the 24 Hrs at Daytona Saturday, but was driving the Superfast on Sunday. I believe I have the only Pozzi 812 in Miami. I only know of two other 812's delivered in Miami.

13. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ahh k cool, no worries maybe a Nero one instead - definitely an 812. Anyhow I will also concur on what was said as it relates to the V12s, they are definitely reducing/capping heard this from my SA and customers that wanted one. I am so happy I didn't hold out for a 2019, I might not have even gotten one.

of2worlds likes this.
  14. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I agree that a fair selling price for a 2017 Lusso is high 200s.

While it seems that dealers are lowering their asking prices, some seem a bit stubborn and are still maintaining mid-high 300s. Has anyone had any experience dealing with sellers asking that much? Are they just asking ridiculously high but cutting it down by $50K+ after little resistance?

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    There are still FF's in the high 200's. If anyone is looking to get out of their 2016 FF, I want to upgrade from my 14' to a newer year and ideally under warranty.

16. jnmit12

jnmit12 Karting

Mar 16, 2010
    Texas, France
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a Black/Black '16 FF with most every option. Spec'ing a new Lusso, so I'll need to sell before long. PM if interested.

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    #18 Gh21631, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2018
    John,

I may be interested. Ideally they let me trade my 14' so I can get the sales tax credit but if not I can work that out I could buy directly from you.

Cam you please email me the spec's and a pic of the interior and ext.?
    Options
    Interior
    Miles

Thank you.

18. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Our spec was just confirmed for production and because its a TM spec, we were told to expect 8-9 months until completion.

19. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    I also noticed the Joe Macari GTC4 Lusso - 2017 - 10,500 miles - £167,950 ask...which means you can get to low £160k's.

Quite a few are coming to the used market in this quarter is what I have heard...
    It is not the most iconic - or most beautiful looking F car... I prefer looks of FF (thats where my money went).
    Lusso: Its brilliant to drive...if it would just look (a lot) better no one would get rid of it or feel the need to swap for 812.

It's a buyers market for Lusso's. Life is great! No complaints from me.

Caeruleus11 and ScottS like this.
  21. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Agree they are very cheap. Which is why I bought one in December.

I believe a lot of them were forced onto buyers to get their Pistas, hence are flooding the used market now.

22. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    I agree with Jas. I just bought a 2017 gtc4 Lusso with 1200 miles. I think I got a great price on it ( less then any price I have seen for a 2017) and I am enjoying more then the 2016 FF I had for 7 months. I am not sure what everyone is talking about when they say the Lusso is so much softer then the FF. I find it more engaging then the FF. I put a valve control on the exhaust and keep it in the open mode all the time. To me it sounds better then my FF did. I just think it’s a better all around vehicle and enjoying it
    tremendously. They are out there in Abundance you just have to negotiate.

dustman and Caeruleus11 like this.
  23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Simple.
    Folks who own FFs, say they are better then Lussos, when they upgrade to the latter they say the opposite.

Gh21631 likes this.
  24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Always the case.