812 GTS boot space? | FerrariChat

812 GTS boot space?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by gowthamn, Jan 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    How small is the boot space in a GTS compared to Superfast? Any pics? Would it fit a week worth of clothes for 2 people?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

2. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA
    Can’t comment on the 812 but during the unveiling of the GTS I was quite surprised at how much room it appeared to have. Looked much larger than say the space in a Portofino.

3. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    You are talking about the 812 GTS right? Its more than Portofino?

4. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I have an 812 and have seen the GTS in the flesh. The boot space is similar, although probably slightly smaller in the GTS. The main difference is the GTS does not have a parcel shelf behind the seats, which is actually quite useful for two-medium sized bags (as I recently discovered on a road trip in my 812)

Caeruleus11 and gowthamn like this.
  5. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Yes, the GTS does not have a parcel shelf but is there some space behind the seats? To store small things? I think there is a net?

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    There is no space behind seats but there may be a panel from the boot to the cockpit for longer items [ see pic] I will check it out next week.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Trunk should be more or less the same for both cars (with the roof closed), maybe you will lose room when the roof is open. Unfortunately there isn't anymore a perfect fit model specific luggage set: there is only a modular set that (I suppose) won't fill every trunk hole like the old ones.

Ciao

JackCongo likes this.
  8. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Because of the roof design I'm fairly sure it doesn't affect boot space open vs. closed. The roof sits in front of the boot when closed (folded)

Albert-LP and gowthamn like this.
  9. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA
    Yes I was referring to the GTS. I saw it at the unveiling in Fiorano and then was comparing to the Portofino trunk space as that model is available for the OP to actually see since those are in production.

gowthamn likes this.
  10. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The Porto boot is way bigger, even with the roof down. The boot is a GTS is quite a bit smaller that the Superfast as its not as deep as the roof has to sit on top, its a fixed size so does not get bigger when the roof is up.
    Any way I will get some pics next week.

11. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    MB224, davids84, Caeruleus11 and 3 others like this.
  12. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    #12 gowthamn, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Good you found it.
    210 liters is 7.5 cubic feet. Should be enough for 2 carry on and bit more

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Don't forget how easily you can fit a dinner jacket, two pairs of pants and three ironed shirts in a suit carrier. I can't recall a sportscar i've been in, in recent times that did not allow for a suit carrier bag behind the seat.

Unless you are going on a mountanous winter vacation or skiing, I see zero issue with it. Use soft bags in the boot, it always allow for much more than suitcases.

14. Nbatra

Nbatra Karting

Mar 26, 2019
    Piedmont, CA
    Full Name:
    Nick B
    Will it fit golf clubs in the boot? Tough to tell from the picture if it is wide enough - thanks in advance for any additional information

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Lukeylikey likes this.
  15. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Although there is no specific luggage set as explained by Alberto earlier in this thread, there is a golf bag in the GTS option list...

Caeruleus11 and Albert-LP like this.
  16. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Interesting... to me that suggests the car must have a luggage hatch / opening between boot and the two seats. Having seen it, I doubt you could fit a set of clubs in the boot itself!

17. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The golf bag is £6240 !! Converted its $ 8150.00

18. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Without clubs!

19. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #19 Albert-LP, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Thank you!

It's a pity, as if you can pay 8250 USD for a specific golf bag, I think you would be happy to pay 12-15 K USD for a specific luggage set that perfectly fills the trunk, maybe even in interior matching color and with the car (and your) name embossed on the suitcases, as it happened with the F40, 30+years ago.

I'm curious to read what buyers think about what I wrote, only to talk a bit together, of course

ciao

20. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Caeruleus11, Il Co-Pilota and 456-boy like this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Glad I'm not playing golf.

LVP488 likes this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Never liked the whole fitted luggage thing. Just because they fit neatly and nice, does it not mean that it utilises the space to its maximum capacity. I've seen my share of examples of people trying to pack for a week in fitted luggage, only to give up and use a nice set of soft bags. Soft bags can really stuff in there and they even squash a bif if needed be when closing the boot lid. To me, fitted luggage has more often than not, been a bit of a showcase thing more that about actual practicality. If you're a serious golfer, do you actually use a Ferrari golf bag? Nope, did not think so. I will be 100% honest and say that I think the attention when driving is fun, and I'm all about the social aspects that sometimes comes with being in an exotic. But walking through a hotel lobby keeping it casual and below the radar is my thing. I like quality bags, but not with car logos on them. I cannot see myself order a set of fitted luggage, ever. A soft roller or two, and then squishy leather bags for the rest, never forgetting the suit carrier bag. If not needing a suit, you can still carry 6-7 ironed shirts on wire coat hangers in one of those, and you don't have to iron when you arrive:D

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    I saw in a video there was a cutout behind the seats in the middle. Looks like there will be some small storage space which is accessible from the seats itself

24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #24 Albert-LP, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Agree 100%, but I still prefer these ones… ;)

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco