Importing US California to Canada - Mi to KM | FerrariChat

Importing US California to Canada - Mi to KM

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Banzairacer, Jan 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    Question for a friend of mine who is importing a 2010 California to Toronto.
    Is there an electronic - menu driven way to change the odometer reading to KM. there has been some discussion of ODB2 and whatnot to no consensus.
    anyone have tips and tricks?

2. Carlosfrommontreal

Nov 3, 2007
    I am in the same position. From what I have learned, you will need to go through Ferrari (I.e. local dealership ) to obtain a software that will address 2 key elements. One is keeping the daytime running lights on permanently and the other is the miles to kilomètre conversion. This step is mandatory unfortunately if you want to register the car in Canada. Expect to pay Ferrari over $3000.00 CDN for this effort. Can’t really comment on the ODB2 as no matter what process you may use to convert the miles to kilometres, RIV ( registration of vehicle in Canada) will want to see that certification from Ferrari as per their website. Quite a process!

3. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    thanks Carlos. My buddy Rishi wanted to chat with you. He’s having issues with his FChat Acct and posting. Can you text him. +1 (647) 294-7230