Question and CPO | FerrariChat

Question and CPO

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by italiafan, Jan 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    If you buy a Pre-Owned Ferrari, even if a 2019 with 200 miles on it can you ask for it to be CPO and does that mean it will have additional years of original warranty?
    Thanks!

2. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    This may help. An extended warranty is different than CPO. You can add an extended warranty of 1 or 2 years to the original warranty as long as the car is still covered under warranty. For a 2019 with 200 miles all CPO mean is that they checked it out first. So not really necessary at all. Extended warranty is very nice but the dealer will not throw that in as it is very expensive. https://preowned.ferrari.com/us/approved

italiafan likes this.
  3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Thanks for clarification!

4. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    To get the New Power Warranty involves an inspection which is about $500-$800.

CPO means it’s already been inspected, so you won’t have to pay that fee.

5. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    A CPO car means it has the 2 year extra warranty(Power warranty)after you signed the sale. It doesnt matter if its been out of the original warranty. Ferrari I think can CPO a car until 17 years.

When buying a car, whether a ferrari or other used car, make sure you clarify,, if the car is CPO or qualified to be CPO? Alot of people have had this mistake that the car was inspected and qualified to get CPO but did not clarify if it did had the power warranty. Some dealers are not too clear about it.

Dealers would says it is CPO on the website but actually it depends on your selling price. If you are going to low ball them, they may not include it. It is sort of a click and bait style.

6. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    I don't know if extended warranty or CPO = new power warranty, but I just got the new power warranty from my dealer (1yr $4500 for V8) for my out of warranty Speciale. Inspection cost $0.

I think there was a thread on the FF side on this with confusion about the inspection fee, with some dealers charging and others doing it for free.