Will I be happy with a GranSport?? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Will I be happy with a GranSport??

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by rzundel, Feb 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    The control arms were as I quoted and the work was completed in 2013 or thereabouts. Yes, I was told the entire control arm needed to be replaced. I had replaced control arm bushings in my old 308 before but this was my daily driver and so I paid the piper.

As an additional reference: In 2016 one of the main frame rails under the engine rusted through, from the inside out. I thought this was likely indicative of a quality defect (should last 30 years or more, I believe). I contacted the then CEO of Maserati and was told no help would be forthcoming. I ended up taking it to a race shop, they cleaned it all back to bare metal and welded in a new piece. The shop builds race cars so I am sure the repair was structurally sound. I vowed never to buy a Maserati again. I haven't.

2. rnp614

rnp614 Rookie

Jul 28, 2008
    NE
    Any current GS owners? Loved reading this whole thread. 4 years later and I keep gravitating back to wanting one of these.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I sold mine to Jimpo's son. He's loving it! Really using it as it should be. Glad to get another exotic owner broken in.

4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    own a GS Spyder, hard to beat for the money. Rare - only 473 built. While I never liked the way the cars were claimed to be Ferraris, usually by people that never owned a Ferrari as a way to elevate the cars. The fact is that at the time Maserati was being positioned as an entry level brand to Ferrari. I have a number of friends that were working at Ferrari at the time that were transferred into Maserati. They will tell you yes they developed those cars at Ferrari. Probably could best be described as what Ferrari did with the Dino being a sub brand.