F355 Market | Page 137 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i doubt one can be sold at those prices being a spider a gts or b possible

2. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I don't disagree but looking at BAT, the only cars that sold for over $80k on BAT since 2016 were spiders. I'm not implying that BAT is the entire market, but it is representative of some part of it. The point being that, like a unicorn B or GTS, a proper Spider will also pull high dollars. There are a lot of cheap spiders out there because there are a lot of spider, at least in the USA. World wide, there are fewer spiders than Bs. Thus, if, (big if) these cars ever become true collector cars, it is likely that country of origin won't play a significant factor in value. As for today, they are just used Ferraris for which values fluctuate with demand. Some ultra low mileage cars may be being put away for the future, but most are just used cars which continue to pack on miles.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    love the look of the spider with top down but up thats a diferent story

4. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    The spider is the only way to properly hear that engine.

GTB / GTS cars miss out on all the fun!

Sami, PhilB, Mmckee and 1 other person like this.
  5. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    What is a unicorn GTB or GTS? In general or certain year and color?

6. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    phrogs likes this.
  7. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I have one in my garage... :D

I know... had to follow that up...

Robb

INTMD8 likes this.
  8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Honest answer: rare, low mileage, prestine condition, unique color, and a sucker that is willing to pay more than it's worth in the hope that some day it will be worth even more to another sucker.

9. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    My take why the 355 spider will not follow previous generation spider price trends is due to the ECU and the amount of controls that run through the ECU.

The hydraulics are another point but can be easily replaced/repaired.

Robb likes this.
  10. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    fwiw - no one should buy a 355 based on future values.

Do you really care what your dream car will be worth in 5-10 years? Do you think it’s and investment? If so, you’re wrong. Buy some stock...

Buy what you like... GTS, GTB or spider. Understand that these cars will cost you a lot if you keep it longer than 5 years. Who cares? You own one of the best, most beautiful Ferrari’s ever made.

Mmckee, JPMD, Robb and 3 others like this.
  11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    355's hovering around 360 and 430 prices already says alot about the car.

Robb and PhilB like this.
  12. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I don't care and agree completely.

Glad I was able to buy one cheap. (well cheap to me for what you are getting).

355dreamer, MAD828 and Robb like this.
  13. zhani355

zhani355 Rookie

Dec 31, 2018
    Bellevue WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin J
    Its not clear to me what this statement means. Are you saying 355 values have increased to 360/430 prices, or that 360/430 prices have come down to 355 values? I would agree with the latter for 360's, which appear to be selling for anywhere from $60k upwards. 430 prices I would assume are much higher and would rarely come below $100k but its been a while since I looked at the market for these cars so I could be wrong. Just looking to clarify an ambiguous statement.

14. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Alternative honest answer:

I definitely wanted a non-red/tan combo for my cars. My only red car is in Rosso Barchetta. I’d like to keep my blue F355 over the long haul and pass it down to my son.

I like possessions that are somewhat unique and that I can be more excited about when I pull them out of the case, the cabinet, or the garage. I definitely don’t want to have to look at my license plate to see which Red / tan 355 is mine at an event... although those are also very beautiful and special. :D

The Tailor made experience if you will. Like my watches, firearms, cars, camera choices, clothes, your house... it’s your style. Enjoy the individuality. I’m just not an off the rack guy.

That’s why even the C8 vette now has a configurator.

Porsche has one, most others also because many spending the cash value that part of the experience. Individual paint to sample colors for a regular M3 - check.

There is a point in the Ferrari world where rarity equals more demand / less supply / higher dollars. I agree my 26% gains this year with Vanguard can’t really ever be duplicated by car ownership.

But those other tangible ownership endorphins are why I am immersed in my cars.

So yeah, unicorns can be worth the search.

We are not all suckers. We just want what we want.

Robb

Sami, willrace and mikeswplt like this.
  15. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Actually there have been a number of driver/well used 360 in the $50k range lately. $40k if you can live with a salvage title. And there are numerous decent examples of 430 well below the $100k mark.

16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    so where is a 95 red/tan with 20k miles, 2 owner car, fully documented, valves done, with tubi headers and exhaust today? 100K?

17. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I think 100k is way too much. Really depends how fast the seller wants to move it. That particular car has a big plus with valve guides and Tubi headers. For it to move quickly I’d say 80 but give or take 5k.

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Thanks! I’d sell it for 200k. Love it that much!
    :)

Jon Von Bon and Robb like this.
  19. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I think a 20k mile 2 owner Red/tan, with all that work done is closer to $100k. Based on what I have sold and some deals that I know have happened or are happening. Would need all stickies done, service current and no excuses, but $100k ask is fair.

I sold my F1 GTS too cheap a $60k... but the GTS and the GTB were market leaders and GTS is going up as the miles go down. A GTS with under 10k should sell for more than my GTB did, even with its special color and interior.

I drove a 458 Italia yesterday, in the rain. Car was Rosso Mugello (sp?) with sport seats and special interior. Fantastic. I know it is not gated, but that would be my next Ferrari. Has to be sport seats, though. Gave me at least 3 more inches of comfort.

I would buy a 355 GTS F1 again, but only after a 458. I love my ZR1 and that is sacrilege for most of you, but the 355 in Dallas traffic is zero joy and no where to really go to enjoy it, unless you head 100 miles out of town. I would treat a 458 way different than a 355. 360 and 430 not as attractive as the 355 or 458. 355 world best looking “modern” Ferrari. 458 great looking modern exotic. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    If your car has a recent major and high flow cats I'd say 100k asking is fair. My initial estimate of 80 was a bit low since I skipped over the Tubi exhaust part. Now if your car needs a major and has the **** stock cats, I'd say 85-90 is a good starting point.

carnutdallas likes this.
  21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Both. 355 prices going up. 360/430 prices going down. Check 430 market and get back to me :).

zhani355 and carnutdallas like this.
  22. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Do this and your car will have value:

- Do all necessary maintenance
    - Keep it very clean and detailed
    - Take excellent care of the leather and protect the bolsters from excessive wear
    - Send Dave your stickies
    - Keep it stock and avoid all the aftermarket silliness that has taken over the 355 culture
    - Drive the car to whatever level gives you pleasure, but don’t just rack-up stupid miles doing utilitarian errands
    - Enjoy and don’t worry about what it’s worth.

Whenever you sell it it will be worth more than most of similar miles just by doing the things I listed

23. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Don't rack miles (miles are miles, road trip or errands) and drive it as you enjoy it seem to conflict?
    I agree overall but I see it as you either want to enjoy however it and not worry about return on sale or your worry about return on sale, then polish it and stare at it and hope it does not go down. I suppose there is a middle ground so don't do errands etc and "try" and manage miles. That does make sense if you go down the middle actually....

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Mmmh keep oem headers and see what happens.

BOKE likes this.
  25. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #3425 ShineKen, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Yassa likes this.