Wow the 612 still doesn’t get love | FerrariChat

Wow the 612 still doesn’t get love

Discussion in '612/599' started by icelander47, Jan 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    I posted what I thought was a great prices 2008 612 and have gotten exactly 1 hit on it. Lowered the price to below wholesale and still nada. I did of course get Ferrari guy (thanks rader) who offered me such an insulting offer after showing me photos of his wife in a thong that I quickly moved on.

just frustrating to have an awesome car and an insanely low price point and not getting it sold. Guess I will be keeping it longer.

mfkwong18 and lee-o like this.
  2. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Is this post expected to get a higher price? It’s worth what it’s worth.

3. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Nope, it is certainly priced correctly (and low). Looks like If you look at sales prices over the past year they are hitting 80’s for good cars

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    If it's priced correctly, maybe try BringATrailer? That will put it in front of a national audience and you'll find out what is a correct price, even if you choose not to sell it.

5. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Sorry but 89k is not below wholesale on this car. I don't follow the 612 market as much as I used to but I think if you want to move it quickly it would have to be in the 70s to low 80s.

6. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012

Have had a few terrible experiences with them as a buyer and a seller. Enough where I won’t use them again.

Caphill likes this.
  7. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I don't think it's a matter of a lack of love as it is time & price.

I think you are close but not there yet for a relatively quick sale (less than a month posted here). I am sure all the cars currently on a/t or gurus have been sitting longer. I just went through this selling my F12, patience is needed, but your price also needs to be very attractive esp being a private seller.
    You put 8k miles in a year , you are over 25k on odo, you bought in better time of yr (but maybe that doesn't matter in CA) my opinion is you're not doing that bad even if you get closer to the low 80's. on a sale

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    This is a terrible time to sell a car, especially a Ferrari. Wait until spring unless it is a fire sale.

Caeruleus11, lee-o and Rifledriver like this.
  9. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Nah, it is just a if it sells great, if not I still own a Ferrari.

Got cars going to Scottsdale next week, so don't tell me its a terrible time of year 8)

10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Just took a look at the ad and bumped the post for you. I've followed 2+2's since the 365GTC/4, and they've always been harder to move than the two seaters, and their prices tend to get very low at about this point in their age. The 612 was buoyed for a while by the fact that the FF/Lusso was so homely a lot of folks decided they would rather have a 612, with the OTO's more desirable to most. Now, with the pretty Roma out and the FUV announced, they will probably continue to depreciate until they are like 456M's vis-a-vis their original sticker price.

If you like the car, you should keep it. I decided it would be stupid to sell my 308 because the prices are so low now, so it will live in CO and I'll keep the 360 in TX.

I'm now between a 612 and a Roma, but I'll have to actually see the Roma first. When I'm settled in CO and have the huge garage, I'll probably be ready to get one or the other.

Love that spec and I prefer the early cars, so if you still have it in a couple of years we'll see if you still want to sell it.

jlaws02, energy88 and icelander47 like this.
  11. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    I also love the Roma but couldn't figure out why until I looked at it longer. It looks like a larger version of the Aston DB11. In my opinion it is the GT version of the DB 11 which I also love. This is not a bad thing, but boy they look similar

G. Pepper likes this.
  12. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

2008, is that a pre-oto ?

13. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    2008 was a transition year so there are both oto and preoto. I am sure people far smarter than I can tell you what the improvements were in the preoto cars in 08

14. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i mean, your car is not an OTO, correct?

15. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    It is not an OTO.

16. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If you live in the snow belt, most people aren't looking for a Ferrari this time of year. Unless of course you are buying a FF for winter driving.

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    George, weren't you looking for a FF? Did you change your mind or do I have it wrong?

18. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    FF idea went away with the Roma. I just can't love the FF. Objectively, it's the most Ferrari for the money there is, but it's just too funky for me.

I want a pre-OTO 612, which I may convert to manual, or the Roma. Have to see the Roma in person first.

19. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I think it's only fair that you post the pictures so we can properly gauge the appropriate discount off of asking price.

20. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Do the photos in the ad not load for you? I can see them just fine.

21. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Ha yeah,I was talking about the pictures he received buy the interested party in lieu of paying asking price :D

m5shiv and G. Pepper like this.
  22. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Oh this guy was a winner. He was so over the top it was hilarious. I was not aware of his reputation in other car worlds until after, but when you negative threads about you on rennlist and Bmw sites you are all sorts of special.

23. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Icelander47 there is no point beating yourself up over the car. If you have decided you dont want it then drop the price and move on. Don’t let it linger and bother you. I had a Mercedes S Class coupe for exactly a year and decided I hated it (ironically I actually bought it originally from the same exotic dealer you bought your 612 from). So I dumped it wholesale within 2 weeks of deciding it was a no go and took a $30K hit for one year and 5000 miles of ownership (not counting the money I put into it).

I used the sales proceeds to buy something else that I really, really like and I have not looked back. I have a smile on my face every time I drive the replacement.

tres55 and donv like this.
  24. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    One last point, I too listed my car here and also only got one interested party. It was another Ferrari guy and he told me that his $10K offer under wholesale was the “fair price” and was “authorized by his wife”. I didn’t get to see her in a thong though! ;)

As I said, don't beat yourself up about it, that is the nature of trying to sell a used car.

25. Talib Shaw

Talib Shaw Rookie

Jan 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Talib Shaw
    Watch out Ferrari-friends. Looks like this guy is a fraud. He also posted this car on eBay (!) (under the alias WalnutRabbit) and took the info from Naples Motorsports. https://www.naplesmotorsports.com/vehicle-details/2008-ferrari-612-scaglietti-coupe-974b6109255f404f9d69f3632e7249b4 He told me that he just purchased a Pagani and Russo and Steele this week (they had none to sell this week). Watch out for him. He also made some very vile and threatening comments to me when I made an offer on the car.