Pozzi dry sump with distinctive side markers | FerrariChat

Pozzi dry sump with distinctive side markers

Discussion in '308/328' started by vaccarella, Jan 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
  2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #2 nerofer, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Paul,

These are very close to, if not exactly identical, in size and positioning to "Euro 308 QV" front side markers. Perhaps a mishap at one time or another, and repair done with what was available at the time.
    The engine number is probably wrong: "2926" is much too high; the highest numbers known on the very last dry sump GTB's (Martin's and the one found in South Africa) which are in the chassis number's "34xxx" batch are between 1700 and 1800.
    And this car is "only" #21529...with engine "2926"? Can't be right?

Rgds

Very good portfolio of pictures. Slight detail, the tool roll is not period correct for a dry-sump car: it comes from a 308 QV: Brown-red translucent handle, spark plug tool typical of the eighties.

3. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    My 22287 is a Pozzi 1977 dry sump and it has the normal round Carello side repeaters. The ones on the auction car are Euro QV markers likely put on after an accident or to update the car a bit. As far as I know, they aren't correct on any '77.

Thomas Magnum likes this.
  4. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    I watched the video...I retract my assertion that they are Euro QV side markers...Nerofer is more correct..
    They appear to be the same size and positioned like the Euro QV markers but I think they are different. In the video you can tell that they are a little flatter and slightly rounded. I have a set of the Euro QV markers and they are slightly more producing and very angular at the front and rear edges...

I'm feeling kinda nerdy now...