Why do people with no Ferrari hate those that do on this site? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Why do people with no Ferrari hate those that do on this site?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by daytona355, Dec 24, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    You're banned from the 430 section. I wish I was...

2. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Hot rods don't count

3. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Uhuh
    Then you're doomed!

4. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I might lose half a point here and there in a concorso

5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    That’s a valid point.

Your observations and responses carry weight because anyone who does a bit of research knows that you are an authority. But the internet is the great deceiver, and we know that you or I could join a forum about, I don’t know, violas or whales, and pretend to be authorities or owners when we are not.

Being an owner does confer a kind of authority, even of a minor type. Just like I know from experience that you are someone who is widely respected as a Ferrari tech, an owner tag moves me from being a random guy who has paid X a year for Rossa membership, to someone who owns and lives with a Ferrari, or, in my case, four of them.

I spend a decent proportion of my time on this forum, and it’s a level of differentiation. A very basic one, but in a Ferrari forum, I would say there’s a significance in the difference between being a Ferrari owner and not.

It’s just as important that others in my situation are also classified as owners, for the reasons I outline above. Everybody is not equal. If I see a response to a post by Rifledriver, I know it’s worth reading. An owner has a less defined but still relevant significance. There are non owners who are hugely authoritative, also.

6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I understand your point but all I can say in response is I know quite a few Ferrari owners whose perspective I have no interest in and a lot of non owners who I consider real authorities. If it matters to you, that is all that is really important though I suppose.

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    What? Wait, are you saying, is it possible, some Ferrari owners are major *******s? Say it isn't so!

8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    he means me, don’t worry Texas! Hahahahaha...... (joking, I hope not!)

Texas Forever likes this.
  9. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You know you actually have to do something to be recognised as an owner, the mods don't just swoop down in to a forum and annoint "owners" on a whim when they get the urge ....
    If you bothered to ask, there would be plently of people who would vouch for your ownership of a Ferrari and you'd get the owner tag.

M

10. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    A whole lot of us asked at the same time, and it was organised and done....... For everyone else.

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Please can I be anointed with the owner tag...... lots of people here know I have the cars, all my photos can be verified/geo tagged, Ferrari Northern Europe, the Ferrari Owners Club, and Carrs Ferrari can all vouch for me too.

Nospinzone likes this.
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Oh, and carbon had my vin numbers

13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There you go Rob, someone that only posts to annoy ferrari owners, check out page 8 of the Australian section f1 thread..... user ATBM perfect example of someone that only posts to annoy. Check every post he ever made in that thread, every one intended to aggravate the ferrari fans there. He doesn’t post and engage in any discussion, he only tries to rile people up. He has no friends there, so he has no reason to post anything. Look at the content he posts for proof, always the same subjects knowing it won’t be welcomed.

14. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I wear my owner club cap around and never had any issues at all, it just shows support for the owners club and does not confirm ownership in anyway, when I go to the owner club events I just buy a bunch of stuff to support weather I want the stuff or not, it's nice to do our part
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    On the other hand Sid, as Groucho Marx once said, "I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member". ;)

From reading so many of your posts, I think we are birds of a feather! :D:D:D

daytona355 likes this.
  16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015

Shut up! Did you really score that girlfriend of the loser!?

17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I got her number there, and took her out a couple times a bit later, but I used the Ferrari!

Forza Ferrari, F1’s most successful team

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Okay, just received my copy! I thought they were stopping sending these, so glad they didn’t

[​IMG]

Forza Ferrari, F1’s most successful team

19. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    The Owners Forum has been around for 11 years, but the visible "Owner" tag is a feature that was only added a couple of years ago, when the forum software changed and the admins took advantage of the support for multiple tags. For the 9 years before that, there was no tag or other indication of who had been validated as an owner.

When the owner program was started, it was in response to continued requests by a number of users for some way to tell owners from non-owners, generally because those users believed that the info from owners was more reliable. The admins & moderators were more skeptical about that as we knew plenty of users who were very knowledgeable but weren't owners. We also felt that there would be a fraction of users that would seek the designation more for bragging rights than any other purpose, which we considered undesirable. Because of this, the program was created with rules designed to foster social interaction between owners; owners would only know other owners because they frequented the Owners Forum and recognized the users that had access and not because they had a tag that said so. The validation rules were designed to get owners to get out and meet up with other owners and because we trusted personal reports of long-standing users more than we trusted photos of documents (of which we had seen plenty of photoshopped examples).

Soon after the Owners Forum was started, we started getting complaints about the validation rules and requests to submit documents or other variance (pretty much the same requests as now). We felt that the users who had gone through the process were the stakeholders that would be most impacted by any rule changes, so whenever the question of relaxing the validation rules was brought up, we went to the Owners Forum and asked the previously validated owners. They consistently said, "it's not that tough, leave it alone". We went through that several times over several years and, as there was no change in the sentiment, we stopped asking.

BOKE likes this.
  20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

But in the UK, despite people travelling to the large events, it’s almost impossible to meet others to verify things. Rules that preclude groups are hardly fair. Look at the Mercedes fan section for the evidence of that hehehe

stavura, MalcQV and kes7u like this.
  21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Very nice! How did the loser look when you asked for her number?

22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    i think he was too busy trying to creep away without me seeing, and change his soiled underwear

IloveGT and PTG1 like this.
  23. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I got a different cover, I have the roma on mine. Do you think ferrari has gone as far as to decide what they want to sell to each owner and send them out a year book with the cover of the car they want o target that owner with? Or maybe I'm just reading into it to much would be interested to know what covers others got
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    thats a good point, I didn’t realise... and we are both in the Uk, so it’s not a US/UK/Euro/Asian market thing.. interesting