Traction Control Light | FerrariChat

Traction Control Light

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Suborbital, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Suborbital

Suborbital Karting

Apr 25, 2018
    Fallbrook, Ca
    I was driving the 458 today for the first time in two plus months, had surgery, it sucked, couldn’t drive. I was pretty aggressive with the car today on my first trip out. I noticed a light blinking in the upper LH display as I made a hard RH turn under heavy acceleration. I later figured out it was the traction control light with the squiggles under it. I was in race mode. I assume this the “hey calm down indicator” that traction control is being applied. I see no reference to it in the manual, any thoughts?

2. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not sure what you are asking. But you seem to have it all figured out, lol
    It's exactly what you said. You drove it a little too aggressively (slightly beyond the laws of physics), and the electronics on the car saved your butt, and it bragged about it by flashing the light at you. Go outside and kiss your car for doing a good job!
    All kidding aside, yes, it was just traction control. If you want to shut it and pitch the car sideways, you could do that, but make sure that you are capable of controlling the aftermath. These are very nicely balanced cars, and they make a very good driver feel like a pro!

3. Suborbital

Suborbital Karting

Apr 25, 2018
    Fallbrook, Ca
    Thanks that’s what I assumed I just never remembered seeing that light before. I guess i was a little too excited to drive the car again!

rob5819 likes this.
  4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    You may want to wait until all your tires are 120F before you floor it. Ciao

5. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    Yeah. Those lights mean either one of two things. #1.) The car is saving your butt #2.) The car is killing your fun

As the tires warm up, you'll see the light less, and it'll do less of the two things mentioned above.