Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 134 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    There are contradictory rumours about that. Personally, I think that they will make an F8 VS.

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Only rumors I’ve heard is someone in Fchat saying there will be one.

Two members who are in the know and have shown good reliable info in the past have been adamant that there is no f8vs. Logic says there will be no f8vs. Emissions requirements say there will be no vs.

only time will tell.

ferry430 likes this.
  3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Indeed.

4. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Well there's your answer. Unequivocally no VS F8.

G. Pepper likes this.
  5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I trust people here saying they heard from Ferrari officials that there will be no F8 VS.
    Whether these Ferrari officials are trustable remains to be seen... "No SUV" has been loudly claimed by Ferrari officials for some time, but now the SUV is a given (no, it's an FUV - so there could be a F8 FFS instead of VS :D )

Ash Patel and of2worlds like this.
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    there also seems to be a VS Stradale hiding in plain sight to>
    The SF90 Stradale will be available in Assetto Fiorano spec, shaving 66 pounds off the standard model thanks to weight-saving measures such as carbon-fiber door panels and a titanium exhaust. At 3,461 pounds, its 30 pounds lighter than the LaFerrari, Ferrari’s only other hybrid machine.

7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    There is a difference between hearing from your dealer or local rep. Two members I’m referring to had good solid info on the Pista, sf90 and other cars. The info was intact rock solid. Same members are saying no f8sv. So again, it remains to be seen but my strong educated guess is that the Pista is the last of the bunch. We are moving on to hybrid cars. Sf90 is the first. Little brother coming soon.

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Those articles are from 2011 and 2014. So by that logic you are saying that sometime in 2025-2028, there will be an F8 Vs. got it. :)

Cigarzman likes this.
  10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I'm not saying anything apart that definitive statements about the future are difficult to consider unquestionable - which does not mean they will not be true.
    To me these statements are (probably educated) guesses and not certainties. Typically I'm not sure of anything anyway ;)

11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    As I’ve repeatedly said, time will tell.

12. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    thanks for posting this lovely Argento F8.

I just did the spec of my F8
    Spider and decided on silver as well.
    Although most of the press cars are wearing the light silver forged rims, I’ve chosen the diamond finish instead.
    Would be great to see some real life pics of F8s with that rim. Thanks in advance.

of2worlds and TSOYBELIS like this.
  13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I believe the weight you quote is dry, whereas the LF weighs just about that, wet. The LF is considerably lighter.

of2worlds and LVP488 like this.
  14. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    f8 tributo itself is a "VS"

SoCal to az likes this.
  15. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    The back window on the Pista is not glass...assumed it was Lexan?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Most will argue that, remains to be seen how long the production run will be after little brother comes online.

17. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Congratulations on your F8 Spider. I think silver really suits the lines of the car. There are a few press cars with diamond cut wheels.See a previous post:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146919782/

of2worlds likes this.
  18. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    W-WOW! I drove the F8!
    I was never a big fan of my 488. After selling it, I decided I'll only buy 12 cylinders from now on.
    But after driving that F8, my mind is rethinking.
    I was SO IMPRESSED with the car.
    Not only that it was SO FAST!!!, It was very simple and comfortable to drive.
    I love the looks too. Especially the rear of the car.
    Gotta say, GREAT car Ferrari. They did well.

Coincid, stavura, Cigarzman and 8 others like this.
  19. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Thanks for the pictures and the link. I really like the look of the diamond finish rims. (My 458 spider has them and I haven’t tired of them. Somehow on the dealer simulator the F8 diamond finish looked a little severe But seeing actual phots proves that to be incorrect. They look terrific to me.)

For those who are interested, you can spec a Lithium Ion battery. I just upgraded to the Braille Li Ion battery in my 458 and I do really think it is a better battery. So I’m opting for the Ferrari Lithium battery for my F8 spider

of2worlds and TSOYBELIS like this.
  20. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The good news is that you will get a tender adapted to a Lithium battery; the bad news is that Ferrari is not better at selecting a Lithium battery than at selecting a regular one, so that the Pista battery (the same that is optional on the F8) has been reported to be somewhat problematic.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I’ve heard exactly what you mentioned. I believe that the Ferrari factory Lithium battery is made by a supplier in Hungary.
    Ihink the Braille is probably the better product but I decided to go with the factory option for the same reasons you mention. That I get the correct electrical connections and compatibility which may involve the alternator, fuses, wiring, the tender connection, the actual battery compartment / hardware, and the lithium ion charger. Add to this the factory warranty will cover any failures over three years.
    After that time period, if I still own the car and the battery is problematic I will just replace it with the Braille

22. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I meant to say....

Not a limited production car...

23. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    True, but no vents or distortion.

24. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Just curious , were you able to get a build slot yet ? I have a spider deposit but no slot yet. My dealer said he had the first 10 slots in December and I was one of 10. I was not asked to submit my spec as of today to put in their Modis system. Best ,Kirk.

ps. I just replaced my 2018 488 spider battery and got nowhere with the dealer picking up any part of the tab.