FOW Parking lot | FerrariChat

FOW Parking lot

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by scoper, Dec 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scoper

scoper Karting

Sep 23, 2007
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Stopped by FOW on Saturday and there was only one Ferrari in the parking lot other than mine. Over 15 other cars, all ones you would see on any street on any given day except for a Porsche GT3. Amazing considering whenever I have been there in past years there were typically numerous Ferraris and Lambos. Goes along with what people have been talking about in all the recent FOW threads.

rampante550 likes this.
  2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Yea, its sad. But oh well, there is always Compitizione!!!

3. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Do they charge for parking out there now ? Do they offer validation for 2 hours free parking with new car purchase ?

Cheap shot, I know, but I couldn't resist.

Mike

Adamas likes this.
  4. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    I was shocked at the volume of cars on the side of the building the last few visits. I think the FoW building is one of the best overall sites in the US.

My dream would be to get rid of the other two brands, put newer cars in Atrium showroom, classics in the middle, event space/special display in the old Lamborghini showroom (classics, F50, etc.). All other cars contained within the walls out back. Bring back the race shop (if it hasn't been already).

I think the place would be better than ever it was focused on just Ferrari. There's so much money in that region, they could easily fill the space with nothing but Ferraris and a few used others. I'm curious how LFSC is doing since they've consolidated - anyone know?

Also, love the racetrack rumble strips. I will be very sad when those are removed.

sherrillt likes this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    FoW is doing a petty good job these days and on any given day there are many F cars and others. I personally stopped by Saturday in my F12 and there were several others in the lot. Also the race shop is in the back.

6. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The race shop is back? That's a hell of a surprise. Been nothing but storage back there forever.

LARRYH likes this.
  7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They call it the race shop and their are race cars back there and other stuff. Maybe they fooled me. :)

8. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Step in the right direction. The machine shop back there was starting to gather dust when I picked up my first F car a decade ago.

E60 M5 and Gh21631 like this.
  9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    yes I went in there a few years ago and there were 8 or 9 599GTOs stored in there along with several other cars

10. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    Quick update: Went by last week and there was maybe 1/3 as many Maseratis on the side as my previous visit

11. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    I doubt they're going racing again. I took a Maserati Gran Turismo there recently for a PPI and that race shop space is where they did the inspection.