812 GTS Allocation | Page 10 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Is your allocation confirmed?

2. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    My allocation is confirmed and order at the factory for production periode June. The dealer is thinking about delivery in sept/okt this year. This will be the first car for my dealer. (Europa)

3. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Ok. You in Europe?
    In US I think no dealer has allocation.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

4. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Yes Europe

5. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Looks like I am now status W in MODIS, but no guarantee of an allocation yet.

6. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    What’s status W?

also, I thought if you were in MODIS that means you have an allocation, no?

7. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I’m not an expert on the inner workings of the system, but the dealer apparently puts you in the system and can move you to status W, but the approval/acceptance of that status must come from Maranello and, in my case, FNA. At that point I believe the allocation is real.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Nope. I was told they don’t have any yet (from a senior person how is a straight shooter). Expecting the first few soon. I won’t get one of the first as I was late to get in and confirm and there are folks in my neck or the woods that dwarf my history. Our dealer (actually one of several owned by the same group) here is only confirming orders from customers that own an 812. I was told I am good...deposit in...and the timing above but my allocation is probably 6 to 9 months out.

9. Ac3r07

Ac3r07 Rookie

Feb 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Asa Whyte
    Hi, I own an F12 and 488 Pista. Neither were bought from a main dealer. I've been told you need a current production model V12 and even then they cant guarantee it. If anyone has a slot available to buy please let me know, I'm UK based but would be open to importing something.

10. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    It’s not true that you need a current V12 to buy. However, each country (or maybe each dealer?) seems to have different requirements.

Not sure if allocations are sold out globally. I think or, but perhaps the odd dealer that still has some?

Good luck in getting one! I’m off to spec mine next weekend. Hoping for delivery in about a year

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Word here is that if you're new to the family, you need to be represented in all categories, and all cars have to be bought new from a Ferrari dealer. You need a GT, a Sport, a V12 and a VS. Note that a Lusso will not do it for both GT and V12. If you have a Lusso, you will need a Porto or 812. Anything on top of that such as classiche ownership etc. helps. So does how many levels of Corse Pilota you've done. Look at it this way. It's a points system, not a fixed list. You're chosen based on your customer level as well as recent purchases and interactions. Attending events, classiche rallies, drivers training etc. adds greatly to how well the guys in Maranello looks at you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  12. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Nice info. That's what I heard as well. I will be having a 812 Superfast with loads spent on Tailor Made as well as completion of Sports level in Corso pilota. Eventually I will also complete advanced in Corso pilota.

You mentioned driver training. What is that? Any other training other than Corso pilota?

I am hoping to get an allocation for SF90 with this. And after SF90, I hope to get allocation for a special edition car like 812 GTO or next version of Pista.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #238 Il Co-Pilota, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    By drivers training I meant Corse Pilota. Getting through the levels of Pilota adds points to your score. There's also Corse Pilota Challenge and Evo. The more the better.

Regarding the 812 VS and next mid engined VS. At the moment, nobody knows what will happen as far as the mid engined VS cars go. Will it be based off the SF90 or LB, that's an unknown - maybe both. It's pretty well nailed down that there will not be an F8 VS. So thinking about the Pista replacement, is pretty far out in the future.

As far as I know, here in Europe, all SF90 allocations are gone and have been for a while.

The 812VS? That will not be easy to get if you're new to the game. If you're not already a TdF owner or have at least an 812 GTS and what ever it takes to get that far, along with probably an SF 90, I'm not seeing that happening, sorry to say. Considering how good the TdF is compared to the F12, and now how good the 812 is compared to the F12, if they can get the 812 VS as much better than the 812SF as they got the TdF better than the F12B, it will be an utterly epic car.

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Drive your Pista to the main Dealer and have a chat about the GTS you never know what may come about ?

Bundy, Il Co-Pilota and tfazio like this.
  15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Definitely a good suggestion.
    It's also important to remember how many out there have gotten otherwise "impossible" allocations because some backed out and they were at the right place at the right time. There's a guy living near me who got a 458SA not as his first Ferrari, but as his very first sportscar. He walked in intending to place an order for a used Italia, walked out with an allocation for a 458SA. It was the fist time he sat foot in the place lol.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Crazy - After buying ten Ferrari's from my dealer he said No to me for a 458 SA

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Apart from the fact that this guy was somewhat fortunate, there's no doubt that the fact that this happened in Europe and not the US, was part of why it worked out. I think the 458 era was when the dealers in the US played games the most, and they were pretty scrupulous as to how they did it - some still are. While the 458SA was not easy to get in Europe either, like with the Pista, the regular Speciale was not impossible either. Quite a few got them as first time Ferraris and others simply was offered an allocation because they owned a 458/488 already.

F2003-GA likes this.
  18. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    My dealer in Spain told me is a must to currently own 3 Ferraris to be able to oder a GTS, is that what you are seeing somewhere else?

i just got my allocation

19. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    It is different "rules" in different countries... Sometimes even different dealers, if there are more than one (in Sweden there is only one, with two offices...). So no I had no chance at all to get a GTS - not that it matters anymore ;-) Autoropa will just destroy that paint also, so no need to throw more money on Autoropa.

20. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    If I may, do you have history with them? / how many Fs did you own at the time you tried to get the GTS?

21. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
  22. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I got an allocation Every dealer seems to treat people differently. Didn't have to buy anything and don't own an 812.

Bundy likes this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Have you specced your car, or do you have an actual confirmation from Ferrari SpA?

24. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Already specced it

of2worlds likes this.
  25. Darren LEWITT

Darren LEWITT Rookie

Aug 20, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Superfast Dazza
    They have taken my deposit last year and told me I will get one now I have an 812Superfast. That’s all you need, the fact they take your deposit commits then by law to provide you with a car.