NFL 2019 | Page 149 | FerrariChat

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    can this year be a tipping point in nfl where teams base offense on running game? nfl loves group think so success of ravens, titans, sf might be the end of an era.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ARod is not overrated IMO. With a better supporting cast, he could easily be a multiple SB winner...T

95spiderman likes this.
  3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    KC is 1.5 favourites as of right now....opened as even, but everyone is pounding KC so the line moved KC's getway to action on SF

4. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Or play for it....but Young is Montana's *****, as Montana as a Chief defeated Young's 49ers (although the 49ers ended up winning the Superbowl that year)

GuyIncognito likes this.
  5. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank God!!!

But, SF was far too dominant, they took the fix out of the referees hands....so no fix in the world could have helped GB....but my theory on the KC game was 100% as I saw TEN get hosed each time they needed 1 yard, they end up getting 10 yard holding...while KC committed many holding that went uncalled.

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Interesting question. Could be. I recall a bit of chatter when the Boys drafted Zeke, about the wisdom of taking an RB so early. Since then it's become a bit of a mini-trend with Fournette, McCaffrey, and Barkley.

I think you need a good D to go with it though. If you're habitually playing from behind, being a running team is tough...T

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    LMFAO.

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Jimmy G said popping his ACL was worth it, to get Bosa...T

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    You guys must have really enjoyed the games - I counted 117 posts on this thread today alone!

tomc likes this.
  10. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I bet there was double that last week.

11. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    [
    Thanks.

12. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Because KC has three other GREAT receivers to go to, unlike GB.

Good enough to win any game besides a track meet with KC.

How they covered Hill had zero to do with it, had they done so, I am sure KC would have been
    waiting for it and simply gone elsewhere.

They didn't need him, they had Tyreek.
    If not them, then Watkins.
    If not them then Hardeman.
    No matter who they may have doubled, someone else would have been open.

I was screaming at them to get Kelce and Hill off the field with 8 min left, just as I did
    with SF with Kittle and Mostert.
    And oh by the way - same deal in SF - they didn't need Kittle so why go to him...

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    True, but at least half of those were us busting your cajones about the Texans!
    T

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hill, Kelce,????

Watkins? Yesterday may have been the most I've heard his name called in a while. Maybe he's ready to live up to the hype that accompanied him into the NFL...T

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If anyone thinks I'm making this up, look at this play. And before this video was sent to me, I said it while it was happening, that the flag came in immediately after the snap.

Look how fast that referee at the top of the screen threw the flag. I said he threw the flag before the play even happened. How can there be holding right when the ball was snapped and the players haven't even made contact with each other yet? He even has his hand on his penalty flag ready to.

--

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  16. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Judging by a lot of the comments that flag was for illegal formation and another ref threw a holding flag.

I do believe the refs have issues but in no way do I believe the Titans were going to beat the Chiefs.

I sure as hell would rather have this match up than the titans. The titans wouldn't be a contest against SF.

17. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I don't see kc being favorite. when they have the ball, I think sf d line will bother mahomes. kc started poorly in both playoff games but was able to find groove as game went on. I don't think sf def will allow that.
    when sf has the ball they can ground and pound as good as anyone kc played plus they have better passing game with strong run after catch. I don't see kc stopping them any better than nfc teams did. plus they don't turn the ball over like afc teams did
    sf 31, kc 17 and its not as close as the score

18. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I saw those comments too, but there was no formation issue and it was never announced. Also I didn't see a holiding during that play. The whole game stunk as far as officiating. Why did Steratore have to justify the non calls on KC? Was it that obvious?

I also agree with you that KC didn't need any help, and the better Superbowl for viewership is KC-SF, but that still doesn't excuse the incompetent/bias officiating that clearly favoured the Chiefs.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is a great assessment. If the SF D bends (like it did in the Saints 48-46 game) then Jimmy G is gonna have to sling it around. He hasn't looked good their first two playoff games, and that worries me. Also, if somehow KC stuffs SF's run game, then again it falls on Jimmy. Not to mention Tevin Coleman is 50-50 to be healthy for the SB.

Mahomes is a stud, he's legit, he's the real deal, with several weapons at his disposal. Their offense is scary. Very scary. Just ask the Texans and Titans.

But, I have faith in the 49ers. They get their run game going, keep Mahomes off the field (like Rodgers) and play their defensive game, they should win.

20. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I didn't see it live so I can't say, but I know where you're coming from.

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think this is a great point. KC cannot give up a 10 or 17 point headstart to SF, or it'll be over before they know it.

KC ranked 9th in total D. 3rd rushing and 9th passing. Should be a fun game...T

22. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Good luck, Andy. It's your time.

23. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    PRECISELY!
    THANK YOU for hilighting my post.
    My point was - they have many great receivers that they only use when they need to.
    New England are the kings of that game plan philosophy.

Think of New England's running backs - they have some good ones
    that can start for other teams, but if they are not in the game plan for
    the upcoming game, they are 'inactive' for that game.

Look at how many times Minn didn't throw at Stefan Diggs, a few games OBJ was
    seldom targeted. And so on. Kittle did little against GB because they didn't need him.
    LeSean McCoy was inactive for the TENN game... did anyone know that?

24. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I heard an interesting thought about AB, I think by Stephen A. and he had a interesting point. AB didn't start going crazy until after he nearly had his head knocked off by Burfict.

25. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes I've heard SAS mention this before, that he is genuinely concerned and thinks AB needs to get himself checked out.