Couple annoying things after first weekend | FerrariChat

Couple annoying things after first weekend

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by HBstig, Jan 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    My first weekend with the 2014 FF was spectacular and only came back with few annoyances.
    1. Rattle coming from the top of the dashboard around the speaker area. Not sure if anyone else has that. If you do, is there a fix?
    2. Very sensitive and loud beep warning associated with the seat belt sensor. Any way to code that out?
    3. Do the mirrors not fold when we lock these cars or was it an option?
    4. At wide open throttle from a dig in sport there a substantial amount of wheel hop. Shouldn't be happening with awd, right?
    5. Does anyone use spacers with oem wheels? Fronts need a lot of help.
    Thanks

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Should be able to fold in the mirrors assuming the original owner optioned it. Turn mirror adjustment knob to the 6 o'clock position.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

No help on the others. Although I think you're more or less stuck with the loud beep until you put your seat belt on.

T

HBstig likes this.
  3. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    The mirror fold needs to have the ignition on to work. Ask me how I know.... :)

Dash rattle is not normal

you’re not the first to feel that the front understeers - search for a thread on ‘wider fronts for FF’.

I can’t help with the transmission hop.

4. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    The mirrors will only fold with the ignition on?
    In my other cars they fold when I lock the car and unfold when I unlock the car.

5. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Yup. Welcome to Ferrari...

I think the mirror fold is designed more for tight gateways or width restrictions while driving rather for parking convenience.

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Where are you located/ how warm or cold is it when you accelerate? Every degree below 65F you will experience less grip from the tires, and below 45F you're falling off even faster. The Ferrari AWD system is really more like RWD + the fronts when it thinks they are needed. Sport mode= stay RWD for sporty dynamics for a longer time. If its cold the solutions range from use wet or even snow mode as the tires are experiencing less grip to get a set of winter performance tires and then let the good times roll!

7. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    In the left display on my 458, one of the settings options is beep alert volume. Maybe you can find the same on yours? Also, I do not know if is for all alerts/beeps or only for some.

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Spacers in the front from a driving and performance standpoint is not a great idea. It will ruin the geometry of the steering. 812 wheels will be a direct bolt on and you can use F12 rubber. Fills out the gaps better and gives you more grip. An FF with 812 wheels and F12 tyres using 10 mm spacers in the back, will be a good compromise between keeping the dynamics intact, but also fill the wheel wells a bit better. Just a suggestion.

If you go with spacers, go with Hill Engineering spacers.

HBstig and otakki like this.
  9. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    You will be okay as long as you can keep the same OEM wheel offsets, but it will be impossible for you to do so with spacers on OEM wheels.

As for the mirror control knob...it's not robust so risk it breaking off if used too often. I have only tried the function one time to make sure it works.

10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I don't park in any space so narrow I have to fold in the mirrors, but I understand you might be forced to do so.

However, your post has spurred me to check how to do that on my FF.

11. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    I am so used to doing that on my M cars that it felt weird not to have them do it. It doesn't really bother me.

12. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    I would do complimentary spacers in the rear as well and of course they would be hubcentric.
    Would you have a picture of 812 wheels on a FF?
    Thanks for suggesting Hill Engineering. I have been having a hard time finding aftermarket shops with parts for these cars.

13. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    I gave up on the mirrors, but thanks for the info.

14. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    I am in Southern California. :) No issues with temperatures here.

15. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    I played around with it and nothing. In my BMW's I coded some of those things out.

16. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    1. Take it to the dealer or your favorite independent and pay for a few hours to fix. I had the same issue around the speakers for both doors when I bought mine and they were able to fix it.

2. I always buckle up and make everyone else do so, then you don’t hear the beep :)

3. Nope only by manually doing it while the car is on.

17. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    1. Take it to the dealer or your favorite independent and pay for a few hours to fix. I had the same issue around the speakers for both doors when I bought mine and they were able to fix it.

2. I always buckle up and make everyone else do so, then you don’t hear the beep :)

3. Nope only by manually doing it while the car is on.

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Is your car black by chance? I had the same problem and wondering if you got my old car.