Rear ended on December 31st... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Rear ended on December 31st...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FloridaToAtlanta, Jan 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Gut wrenching!

hope all will be well! I have Statefarm as well and my last claim - windshield on a 328 ($6800 ) they handled great... it was a bit of a PIT to begin with but went ok.

I was rear ended in my company car about 2 years ago. lady just hit me not too bad but some scratches etc.. this was in Greenville SC - and she took of - so I followed her for 14 miles - finally got her plate and pic of her, and called the police. she was arrested for DUI an suspended license. damage was only $950 so not a big deal.... but I get what you mean when you think they may run!

tom

FloridaToAtlanta and daytona355 like this.
  2. Vetallist

Vetallist Rookie

Jan 21, 2019
    Between these three claims you are likely to exceed 75% value of your car, which I am guessing is worth $100K-$120K? That's about the threshold insurers use to decide to salvage a car and just write you a check.

If you haven't done so already, let the agent handling your claim know that you are planning to claim all three so that they do the math now, before attempting to repair your car to the tune of say $60K (the few pics you posted show a good amount of damage), to only then face with your other claims, when it will be too far along in the process to salvage.

Remember that regardless of how knowledgeable and friendly your insurance agent seems, they are not on your side in this at all.

3. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    I'm in Alpharetta and have a Lamborghini SuperLeggera. My friend in Roswell had a 550 serviced by an independent in the area and on a test drive totaled the car. State Farm had the coverage and he was more than fairly compensated.

FloridaToAtlanta likes this.
  4. achilles99

achilles99 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    LT
    I just went through this on a car, and about to do it on another one (yep, got hit twice in two different cars). They got me a ton more than insurance offered. I'm in Atlanta as well. www.allensautomotiveappraisal.com

Chris just did one for my friend's Speciale, too.

FloridaToAtlanta and whatheheck like this.
  5. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Sorry to hear this, that really sucks. The damage doesn't look that bad but you said 45mph which is pretty fast when you consider your car was at a standstill.

If it was me, I'd be hoping for a really high value so they can salvage it. Selling a Ferrari with an accident on its history isn't easy.

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    I am in Savannah and had Hagerty send my 328 to Ferrari of Atlanta to get looked at when it was hit. GA has laws on frame damage repairs so my 328 was and quick total loss.
    Was with State Farm for decades with no claims or tickets and when I went from muscle cars to exotics they refused to insure as the local idiots down here have that right not to write policies and they DO NOT like car people.

So have been with Hagerty and Grundy off and on.

Good luck with state Farm. Get an attorney.

FloridaToAtlanta likes this.
  7. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Coincidentally that is who the body shop recommended to me as well. I reached out to Chris and they showed up within a day to go over the car with a fine toothed comb. Very impressed with them.

8. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt

Agree. Just got the body repair estimate. $36,000. Now it’s heading to Merlin for engine repair estimate. Surely this is going to run close to $60K in just body and engine repair and that’s not even factoring in diminished value or loss of use. I loved that car too, first ever ferrari. Makes me sick to think about this mess.