Garage floors/ winter storage Toronto | FerrariChat

Garage floors/ winter storage Toronto

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Rishi Tandon, Jan 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rishi Tandon

Rishi Tandon Rookie

Nov 7, 2019
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rishi Tandon
    Hey guys. Newbie here.

2010 Cali is in garage for winter. Hoping to go for my first real drive in April since I bought it on Christmas and had it flatbed to my garage.

Filled tank. Tires at 50psi, car cover on. Battery tender in place. May I ask,

1. Do I need a car cover?
    2. Do I crack the windows?
    3. Should I put 1/4” Matt’s in garage floor.

my wife’s truck will be sharing the garage. In and out, and I’m worried everything she opens and closes the garage, is that an issue? Also the salt and snow she drags in? Should I keep my car elevated and covered?

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Many use their Calis as dailies in all weather conditions, so keeping it in a garage with another car is a non-issue. You can of course keep the windows open 1/4" for a bit of circulation in each side, but that will also allow dust into the car. So like it, others don't. It really depends on the garage. I'd rather open and close the roof once or twice during storage just to refresh the air and work the roof mechanicals.

Put some Sta-Bil in your fuel. Modern north American gas go bad very quickly, so adding a fuel stabilizer and starting up the car is not a bad idea, thus getting the treated fuel all the way into the system.

Rather than just over-inflating your tyres, get some bags or storage ramps underneath - especially if your tyres are Pirelli, They are terrible when it comes to flat spotting and cracking.

Don't use a car cover, Dust on your car is not a problem,but dragging grit and dust around on the paint when putting it on and removing it is.