Atelier experience | FerrariChat

Atelier experience

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Wheels1, Jan 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    We made a long weekend out of it, stayed in a nice hotel near the center of Modena so we could walk to shops and restaurants, it’s a great experience plus the lady Francesca at the Atelier was great, if she was not sure about any unusual request she said she would find out.

She also went above and beyond what I would expect when I asked to hear the car, she phone 3 people up at the factory but with no luck and then when up to the V12 line to check when the 3 GTS cars that looked nearly finished would be coming out but was told the next day.

Walking though the entrance to the Factory still feels very special and is always a great occasion.

I went there with a main colour in mind but had a change of plan when we viewed the line, as the colour I wanted had gone up 5k to 20k!

There will be more choice at the factory to for instance, not listed were the new GTS wheels in gloss gold but she’s is finding out if they are available, also not listed is the headlining in leather but she can do that, she also thinks they can do the exhaust tips in chrome which are also not listed and so it went on.

The only disappointing thing was I wanted a black roof and buttress but you can only have the top part of the roof in black which will make it look like an 80's car!

A gentleman who was specking his car at Tailor Made at the same time also asked the same question independently of me and was NO, I think Ferrari are missing a trick if customers are asking for this option but they say NO, clearly there is a want for this if customers are asking for this? It will make the car stand out from the crowd with the roof down and will look fantastic. Francesca asked for a copy of the photo just to be sure which, I have sent to my dealer to forward on. Here's hoping.
    Render from Ferrari Chat Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    The chrome exhaust tips are definitely available at the Taylor made so I am sure you will have them
    I was told that the big no for roof and buttresses in contrasting colour comes from the design department who think it is not in the spirit of the car...
    Not sure then why they offer the roof without the buttresses as it looks very strange in my humble opinion!

of2worlds likes this.
  3. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Thanks for sharing, real shame you didn’t hear the cars, what was the colour that jumped 15k ?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Sods law, the dealer did see one that had been out on a test drive that afternoon when he was specking a car with clients, he said it sounded the same as a Superfast.
    I think it is most of the triple Layer colours that are now £20k extra, well Rosso Fuoco was for sure, I am not sure if that price included vat or not.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    I really want Rosso Fouco too! Need to dig deeper !

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013

I would make sure the black is an exact match for the black of the faux side window- which I think would be difficult because that side area looks like its covered by glass, thus a different texture.

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure Fuoco ever had a price of 5k for the 812. Wasn't it like 12 or 15k Euro? So 20k is "only" a 5k increase.

8. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    He mentioned it had gone *up* 5k to 20k...

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yeah, I read it as from 5 to 20. Oh well, carry on:)

10. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The small black side window is plastic, so make sure you get PPF on it sharpish others wise it will scratch easily as the 599 did.

of2worlds, deltona and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thanks for the info Grant. What colours did you see on the production line and what did you think suited the car or not?

Also, if your dealer heard a car on test, i assume we must be very lose to seeing some reviews of the car which would be nice.

12. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Yes they had 2 in the new grey and a Rosso Corsa with black wheels that were awaiting inspection, RC was a colour I thought I might like but it totally put me off seeing in the flesh, there was a blue TDF on the start of the line which looked very very nice, also quite a lot of Portofino's being assembled on the V12 line, a couple were in Rosso Protofino, which myself and my wife loved so we went for that.
    The choice of colours and leather colours in the Atelier is amazing, I will see if I can post some pics later if I can grab them off my video camera.

Oh, we have heard back from Ferrari re having the buttresses in black and its a NO!

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  13. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thanks Grant, i did think TDF Blue might look good. Looking forward to seeing some cars soon.

Avia11 likes this.
  14. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  15. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
  16. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    If you were at factory doing Atelier , is that not also considered Tailor made?
    I thought atelier was sort of , a lower version of tailor made which can be done at select locations other than the factory , and that tailor made could be only done at the factory?
    Is that not so?
    Can someone clarify?

Thanks and congrats.

:)

17. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    TM has more off-the-rack options and potential customization available than atelier. Some TM options are unavailable to Atelier clients.
    there are atelier and TM studios in Italy, nyc and shanghai

18. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Thanks.

But I am curious since op WAS AT THE Factory , why isn't that meeting called Tailor made ? Could have he asked for "tailor made" pieces but elected not to ? Would they have said we can't avail you since this is not a Tailor made session?
    Or did op call it Atelier when he could have said Tailor made?

Or is it

Regardless that he was at the factory , Tailor made meeting is different than an Atelier meeting.

lol , in the end it doesn't matter , I will find out 3/3...

19. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    The client is either signed up for atelier or tailor made. Two separate offices, two separate teams, two different tiers of customization possible.
    One could have an appointment with tailor made and ultimately spec a car that really did not require it.
    However, if one has an atelier appointment and requests something limited to tailor made clients, their request will not be honored.
    As you said earlier, it’s like two different tiers, another example of Ferrari’s clever marketing to always have one more level of exclusivity available to keep clients engaged (or lusting and spending, depending on one’s perspective).

20. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    ok, thanks.
    So just because at the factory doesn't mean tailor made . 2 separate meetings , separate rooms , separate appointments , etc .
    got it.
    :)

21. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Tailor made is more exclusive and is more for the VIP clients, they have more of a range of colours and if they want can even have their own colour, special leather etc. They are expected to spend a lot lot more on the spec. of their car, thats why I went to the Atelier.

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    There's more to it. Anybody can do an atelier spec, but I believe there's only like 60-80 TM spots open per year. Add to that while there's no minimum price of extras for atelier, there's a minimum price requirement for TM. I can't remember what it is, but it is a significant addition to the price of the car. You do TM when you want custom materials in custom colours, on cars with unique paints. You can do a lot of things outside of TM, so TM is only needed if you want something really special.

23. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I did buy something at auction that could be construed as relating to Tailor Made, it is however also my son's initials. The number is up for sale now as I don't think I will make it to TM and my son is not fussed about it for his car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Alcav5 and Thecadster like this.
  25. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    @JackCongo here is the post #1 from Grant that I think you were talking about. TWO different clients were told you can't do the full black effect on the GTS!

C50 likes this.