F-Cars in the Twin Cities-Count | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F-Cars in the Twin Cities-Count

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by shubchs, Sep 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yes, starting to get excited! Have a few very small projects to finish up this weekend, and I'll be ready to go.

Always a problem for me deciding when enough of the salt and gravel is off the roads to venture out.

Are you having any flooding issues nearby?

Kevin

2. tlow

tlow Rookie

Aug 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Terry Low
    No, no flooding issues where I'm at from Prior Lake to Bloomington. I took the Gen 2 NSX out and the road conditions were just fine. I still rinsed the undercarriage when I returned home and gave it a bath but it was great pulling the cars out of the garage. Mechanic is finishing up upgrades on the 458, but once it's done in the next 2 weeks, she'll be coming out singing F1 noises.

3. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    New exhaust?

JUST ordered a Tubi for my 360. I'm afraid I won't be able to get it installed until later in the summer or next winter. Depends on whether I attempt it myself, or just pay a Pro. I've never been much into working on cars, but really want to learn. I bought a set of QuickJacks, and hopefully can try some stuff! The exhaust installation doesn't look THAT hard, but I'm concerned about what happens if I'm halfway through and get stuck!!

Do you have Tim doing your work?

Kevin

4. tlow

tlow Rookie

Aug 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Terry Low
    Fabspeed high-flows cats and S-line exhaust. My mechanic, Joe, used to work at World of Ferrari and is the only person I trust to work on my collection. If you decide you'd like a pro, happy to share his contact. I used to wrench long ago, but don't feel nearly as confident working on supercars. QuickJacks are supposed to be super! Good luck on the Tubi install. It should be fun wrenching and adds to the ownership experience.

- Terry

shubchs and kes7u like this.
  5. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I don't risk it. I wait till its ALL off the roads. Of course temptation is great. Hoping we don't end up with more salt later this week...

kes7u likes this.
  6. tlow

tlow Rookie

Aug 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Terry Low
    I hope they don't salt the roads this week. It should melt pretty quickly. The recent rains should have helped remove the salt from this Winter season nicely.

7. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Agree. Not sure anyone knows what to expect yet. REALLY also hoping they do without the salt.....

Kevin

8. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Looks inevitable. Frozen slush out my way..

kes7u likes this.
  9. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yes. I've seen the trucks pouring out salt all around here the past couple of days.....

Kevin

10. Joseph Felton

Joseph Felton Rookie

Jan 11, 2019
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hopefully within 1 year I will be joining some, or all, of you on a ride or a meet up. I've been dreaming of Ferrari ownership ALL my life and the reality is getting closer. I can not wait until that day. Until then, enjoy the drives everyone!!!

kes7u likes this.
  11. tlow

tlow Rookie

Aug 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Terry Low
    #36 tlow, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    There is small lunch cruise happening tomorrow (Friday) from West End, St. Louis Park to Prescott, WI. My 458 is in for service, but I'll be bringing the '17 NSX. If anyone is interested in participating in the group cruise, please message me for an invitation on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/woltig. The select cars being invited will all be supercars.

12. rickwjenn

rickwjenn Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Terry. I would love to go to next time event!

Off topic - I just moved to twin cities with a 458. Did my first service at lake forest in Chicago. Where do you get your 458 serviced? Thanks,

13. tlow

tlow Rookie

Aug 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Terry Low
    Welcome Rick.

I get mine serviced from my buddy Joe who is an independent. and buddy of mine. He'll either do it in his garage or rent a lift depending on the type of service needed. He's in Rogers.

14. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Could u share the info on your wrench Joe please. and his whereabouts. Thanks.

15. tlow

tlow Rookie

Aug 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Terry Low
  16. albert_k

albert_k Rookie

Nov 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Albert Khasky
    cool! another 328 owner in S.Metro..did you know mine? it’s the Bianco 89 GTS..haven’t seen yours around.Looking forward to it though.

17. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I've got 3 up here in Duluth, but thats obviously not "the metro" ;)

tlow likes this.
  18. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Guys, If I can find storage for mine I'm planning on bringing my 360 up with me in June.. so add one to the mix!

tlow likes this.
  19. albert_k

albert_k Rookie

Nov 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Albert Khasky
    i might be able to host your car in my airplane hangar. i don’t mind..that’s where i store mine. it’s fully finished out, heated, and air conditioned.
    albert

2NA likes this.
  20. tlow

tlow Rookie

Aug 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Terry Low
    Curious, which hangar location?

21. albert_k

albert_k Rookie

Nov 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Albert Khasky
    crystal.

tlow likes this.
  22. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Albert that's awesome. :) Might take you up on that! Soon as I figure out housing.. :) Trying for southern part of the city and Edina if possible..

kes7u likes this.
  23. albert_k

albert_k Rookie

Nov 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Albert Khasky
    ahh! SW Minneapolis/Edina..my neck of the woods..fun area. have you lived here before?

24. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You may already know this (But I certainly didn't when I was moving here), but Edina is pronounced E-Dye-na and NOT Eh-Dee-na. :)

Kevin

25. albert_k

albert_k Rookie

Nov 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Albert Khasky
    oh fer sure! you becha doncha know...
    E-dee-na...ish!!..fer cute! we can run around the cities in our cars one time...maybe we get some girls to come with...

vrsurgeon and kes7u like this.