Buying an FF: please help ! | FerrariChat

Buying an FF: please help !

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Sarastro, Jan 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sarastro

Sarastro Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Al Reev
    Dear all,
    thank you first of all for accepting me in this group.

After many other sport and GT cars, I am finally considering joining the ultimate "Cavallino" community, by buying an FF (I have a wife and two kids I love to spend time with...).

I would really appreciate your suggestions / sharing of experiences / ideas on the following points:
    1) Mileage or age? I found a 2011 Rosso Corsa one with Cuoio interior, many optionals and 4'000 KMs only - asking price (in Switzerland) is 162'000 CHF - as an alternative I have a 2014 Rosso Mugello one with Beige interior, less optionals and 20'000 KMs - asking price is 150'000 CHF. Should I value more the age or the mileage?
    2) Resale price? I prefer the Rosso Mugello but am also concerned in case of resale (I tend to change cars every year even if with a Ferrari this could change) the Rosso Corsa could be an easier resale - any experience with Rosso Mugello / views on that ?
    3) Aston Martin Rapide? Finally, as an alternative I found an AM Rapide (2015, 19'000 KMs, a lot less expensive): anyone here had them both and could list some pros and cons of the two cars?

Any help is very appreciated, thank you so much folks !

2. Sarastro

Sarastro Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Al Reev
    Just to add on this: I already owned a Rapide but I am now making reference to a Rapide S with a 8-gear selector, thanks

3. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    No direct experience of the rapide but have driven DBS, Virage and V8V.

there is simply no comparison to Ferrari. The Aston’s are hewn from granite but they weigh as much too. Their packaging is compromised and they don’t handle as well as a Ferrari. The engines are good though!

Regarding the resale rule, Rosso Corsa as a sure fire resale colour tends to apply to the mid engine V8s. In Europe, buyers prefer their V12s in more understated colours. Take a look at the ‘to red or not to red’ thread for some info.

The spec and prices on both cars seem in line with each other (Lower Km trumps younger age) Good luck with your purchase and enjoy the car. There is no ‘wrong’ decision when buying an FF. If you only plan to keep it one year, get the New Power warranty with it.

4. Elasto

Elasto Karting

Aug 27, 2014
    Vienna, AUSTRIA
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I would go for the 2014 model, maintenance is included until 2021, rosso corsa is a nogo for GT models and I'd never buy a car in its first year on the market.

PhilaChris, Sarastro, dustman and 2 others like this.
  5. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
  6. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Regardless of the car, both are borderline new in terms of miles. The 4K km one is too low of mileage for that age IMO since lots of cars experience their issues sooner rather than later. 4K km isn't much time for stuff to have developed and been fixed. I imagine that if any gremlins exist in the 20k car, they already showed up and were fixed.

I'd get the cheaper, newer one without thinking twice. Personally, I think GT cars like the FF look bad in bright red too.

7. Sarastro

Sarastro Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Al Reev
    Thank you very much to all ! I bought today the 2014 one! Looking forward!!!

johnr265, sisiay, PhilaChris and 3 others like this.
  8. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Congrats. Post pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarastro likes this.
  9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You probably made the right choice on all fronts. Also, while some call Rosso Corsa resale-red, that's definitely not the case for the FF. Mugello suits that car much better.

Enjoy:)

Sarastro likes this.
  10. Sarastro

Sarastro Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Al Reev
    Thank you all very much for your kind suggestions! As soon as I get it (next week) I'll post pictures! And now I'll say goodbye to my current Maserati GT S!

11. Shamsta

Shamsta Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    Congrats on your purchase. I would also love to hear your opinion on the FF versus your prior AM after you've owned the car for a month.

Sarastro likes this.
  12. JOSEPH HYAMS

JOSEPH HYAMS Rookie

Mar 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    JOSEPH HYAMS
    I have seen a nice FF from 2011; black, cognac leather; 70K, maintained well. selling for EUR 120K . What do you guys think of the milage? I am afraid that the engine or gearbox would fail. Price is tempting....but someone told me that reselling a ferrari with 75K-100K is impossible. I am thinking of keeping this car for 10 years

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Welcome to Ferrarichat.

There will probably be some rather varied opinions on that one. I would suggest that you start a new thread of your own and ask what ever questions you may have etc. That will probably net you the best help and most replies.

Outrun and ANOpax like this.