430 - Should I trade my 2019 Performante Spyder for a 16M? | FerrariChat

430 Should I trade my 2019 Performante Spyder for a 16M?

Discussion in '360/430' started by dmark1, Jan 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    As most of you know on this forum I love the special series Ferrari, having owned all of them at one point or another. Currently have a Pista, a CS and a 512TR (ok the last one doesn't count). I have owned a Scuderia before as well as a Special and am considering closing the loop with my cars and trading my 2019 Performante Spyder for a 16M.

Is this nuts? I know I am trading newer tech for older tech. As far as rarity goes the Perf Spyder was produced only in 2018 and 19 with the totals approximating what the 16M was worldwide (500).

The Lambo is a bit tight inside so am I am finding that I drive it less than I thought I would.

What say you? Would you do this trade? Would this be better in terms of depreciation in the future to go with? Or am I nuts?

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Yep

Trade that is.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U are a very fortunate man and deserving too I am sure.
    Is there a scenario where u could keep the lambo AND get the Ferrari?
    Are u looking for the spider solely as an investment/collection?
    Given your extensive collection and love for special edition I’m inclined to think trade for the 16m is a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I think you just answered your own question.

Any car you don't drive, or don't like driving, isn't worth owning.

Shamile, dmark1 and JaguarXJ6 like this.
  5. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don't know about driving conditions where you are, but over here the Scuderia/16M was pretty much the peak power level for road use. The 16M/Scuderia will also feel a lot more exciting from lower speeds.

ShineKen likes this.
  6. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    16m. Loads for sale. At least 20 were offered to me when I was searching last year. Many are sitting in collections. Sellers are smart and don't have them on the open market thus making you think there aren't many for sale. Most were offered to me in the mid 300s. CNC had a few for a while and I believe they ended up selling them for less than 3. Be patient.

dmark1 likes this.
  7. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    So is this because if economic conditions for exotics right now or a poor outlook fir the car going forward?

8. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Best guess would be a lot of guys who own these own a ton of other cars. 16ms for sale are all low miles, all with great options. Its also possible that there were folks who bought thinking they would be investments. At the right price, little to no downside $$ with a 16m.