Lowering - your driving experience??? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Lowering - your driving experience???

Discussion in '360/430' started by masar, Feb 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I created a spring rate calculator. I did not care about the CS specs. I had my own parameters to achieve.

From this spring rate calculator I input the OEM spring specs from the W/S manual, and that yielded various options from which I optimized.

What is important to know from this is that I based it on 19" rims. By using 19" rims I already inherently enhanced the handling.

The springs then made up the rest of the difference by adding greater control and stopping the nose from bobbing at times.

The use of 18" rims adds a bit more lateral body motion since there is more tire sidewall.

No need to lower the car. It is low enough.

These springs are about 12 mm (1/2") shorter than the OEM. So adjusting the top spring collar is required to get back to the original height.

BTW, with respect to cost, the springs I am having made will be far less that Novitec's $1,000.00 cost.

2. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Would love to hear more about them once you get them in and have a driving impression of them

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Will advise but expect them to function as expected.

They simply change the overall suspension on the vehicle in a controlled, cost-effective way

4. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I did find out that AFCO still offers the 23400 spring but it's new number is 23400CR.

That's 10" 400 lb rating.

The new model is available in chrome plating only and AFCO shows them as $59.99 each

Shame to pay the extra money for unneeded chrome plating.

However the spring is available and these are great springs for the 360/430 front ends

one4torque likes this.