Copart— cs | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Copart— cs

Discussion in '360/430' started by one4torque, Dec 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Randy! I don’t see an Elephant here. I’ve also spent more money building a race car than buying one already done. It’s all about the process and the knowledge that you’ve touch every single bolt and trust the car 200%. What a journey! And the satisfaction you get out of it. Absolutely no price for it.
    And like you, I‘be tried to be really smart buying what I needed and trading what I took off. Keep it up, Super impressive work.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

02360spider, one4torque and RANDY6005 like this.
  2. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Thanks Photostars that is nice to hear !! Love doing this stuff to neglected stuff been doing it for over 30 years now and I normally make a little profit. Any time I ever wanted to sell some thing that I rehab the very first person looks at it they buys it

02360spider likes this.
  3. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #103 arizonaitalian, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    yeah, yeah, but did you buy a carriage return! o_O :D

Are there any engine parts that are different? I do believe the engines were worked on a bit...if not parts, then B&B

Similarly, I believe the window glass in front (at least) is a different part number.

Did you get all the different rear hatch bits?

Sorry if I'm reading past them and they are listed in your post...honestly hard to see it when in one giant paragraph...but a "100% CS" would be a very difficult challenge...do you even have a verified complete listing of "what is different by part number"? I've seen some attempts at that listing of differences between CS and 360 on here over the years, but even then I don't think those are official or even complete...

To be clear, it doesn't matter to me what percentage your car is...I was simply surprised that you thought it was "100%" CS because I think that would be a notable and difficult achievement.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  4. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I've not given it a thought. I suspect most others haven't either. Don't worry so much about it would be my advice. Its your money and your hobby...go for it as you see fit. The CS is one of the greatest sports cars ever, and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after-all...

kes7u and RANDY6005 like this.
  5. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    How much does a CS VIN number cost? ;)

Seriously, why resto-mod a 360 into a CS? Why not make it into something completely different? If were gonna resto-mod a Ferrari I'd do one of those 328--->288GTO kits.

02360spider likes this.
  6. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    No elephant. At least not anymore. A couple of us, including myself needed clarification as to how much CS parts are actually worth. I should have perhaps done more research on my part. It sounds like you and I go after the same kinds of cars. Mine was in similar shape. Kudos on such an undertaking.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  7. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    He did get some amazing deals what he paid for mirrors was a gift.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RANDY6005 likes this.
  8. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Hey arizonaitalian Wend we where painting the 360 we pulled the windshield out and replaced part CS windshield # 67422900 and the rear engine lid yes factory CS lexan and the carbon fiber struts, and yes you are wright it would be very difficult to do and a hell of allot money . I have said this before I never started out wanting to build a CS but all the very cool stuff was fitted to the CS cars. I think I am just under 100000.00 wend I subtract the money I made selling and swooping all the parts from my 360.. Oh yea just one question for you where the bully in school and at the bus stop ? o_O

9. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Okay here is some thing I bet most of us do not know , what is the deference between the challenge grill and the CS grill ??

10. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    If you close at the picture above wrap in plastic you can what the CS louvers support frame for the carbon fiber louvers are even different that the of a standard

11. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  12. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  13. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    and the CS does not have front hood contour part # 65398800 showing above in this number 6.. Okay I maybe showing a little bit with my knowledge between two 360,s . Just that most of us have never notice all the little stuff that are not the same . And the ABS /ASR station not the either part # CS 182535 and the standard 360 # 168828. Okay you got my point, good to know wend are making claims on building a CS car ..

14. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #115 arizonaitalian, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    apologies if you think my questions bullied you! Certainly not intended (I've re-read my posts here 4x and can't see it, again sorry it was unintended). Quite the opposite, just learning and discussing. I sincerely hope you skin isn't that thin that my post somehow insulted you. EDIT: I see from your 'elephant' post that you are feeling defensive about this. I could see a bit of that building from some posts, but not really. And you must not have seen my post in support of your project just a few posts up from this one. My advice, share or don't share, but don't be so defensive, you are seeing challenges and offense when none is there imo.

15. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Arizonaitalian I did not mead for you take that I was being serious, I just wanted show a little humor in your post . Maybe I do get a Little defensive wend question about what I know or not know. I only have had my car for just over threes year now, I have pulled it apart in so many way and putting back together almost as much as factory Challenge race car .

16. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    that's amazing and that's why we are reading the thread! (just wanted to be sure I didn't offend...all good).

dhari and RANDY6005 like this.
  17. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    One is aluminum and one is steel?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RANDY6005 likes this.
  18. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Jason there could be a very very big debate on this subject IMHO I have not modified any thing at all . IMO wend you and turbos or after market spoilers and change body panels adding a hundred prancing horses every and putting decals adding aftermarket wheels changing the factory paint to some other brand color aftermarket brakes and so on . I have only upgrade my car with the best that Ferrari has to offer for the 360,s. And it is in the same theme and spirit as Ferrari has done. I could have save thousand and thousand using fake CS bumper and side skirts and after market mirrors and so on . Any just my IMHO

Apollo 11 likes this.
  19. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Damn it you are wright ! LOL most would have not know that I bet. I was lucky to have a friend with a CS to put microscope on it to find out all the stuff

20. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I heard the holes are different sizes as well

21. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Heck no ! I am in the car business for over thirty years now we are always ragging each other at work. Thanks anyway always enjoyed your post as well sir .

22. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Yes they are that is what made look again using a magnet between the two grills

23. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    I think that I most have hundreds of hour comparing every single part number between the two cars at least hundred times . There are seven different wiring harnesses that are not the same . I was able to sources two Enzo factory keys with the locks and tumblers. Oh yea about my comment 100 percent CS I rephrase it as close as any one could possible get LOL !

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I just appreciate the passion about this build.

Not so much any judgey purist crapola. I contend this is better than some CS that will never be driven.

Carry on! And thanks for sharing!

RANDY6005 likes this.