360 - 430 Jet coating or Ceramic coating ? | FerrariChat

360 430 Jet coating or Ceramic coating ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by RANDY6005, Jan 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Thing about pulling my Fabspeed headers and test pipes having jet coating or ceramic coating witch would be better and how much does it normally cost ? And is it worth it ? Thanks any advise !

2. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    I had my Febspeed headers and test pipes coated at Jet Hot. Very satisfied. Would recommend it.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  3. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Swaintech’s white lightning would be better than any of jethot’s coatings

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I’ve got jet hot coating on my ls swap m3 headers... very good coating

5. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I think it depends on what characteristic you are after.

My experience, but Zircotec has the best thermal barrier coating. As mentioned, Swaintech White Lightening is very good as well, but only comes in white.

Jet Hot classic looks the best, but lacks the thermal barrier performance of the others. I’ve had some quality issues as well with coating flaking, especially their color coating. But I still use them for applications where I want the look. I haven’t tried their ultra barrier coating.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I used Jet Hot Extreme ceramic coating inside and out, with the expectation it would reduce underhood temps (their claim), but it did not. So I had to add the thermal blankets to bring the underhood temps back down to where they were with OEM.

7. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Jet hot on my 911 air cooled engine aftermarket headers. Looked great, lasted great. Also have used them for OEM cast gray on my Antique cars' OEM cast exhaust manifolds. The bright aluminum look coating they offer looks really nice and can be polished up from time to time but you do remove a slightly small amount of the coating in the process (as the polishing rag becomes black much like aluminum polishing). But with that said, there seems to be quite a decent mil thickness to it.

Great company to deal with too.

8. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Jet Hot extreme coating made a world of difference on my exhaust pipes and tips