Hagerty sez LaFerrari drops 22% | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hagerty sez LaFerrari drops 22%

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Texas Forever, Dec 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    For some that is true for some, unfortunately not all. My kids are much more into Tesla, tech stuff and self driving features. My daughter’s boyfriend went out to dinner the other night with us and was so proud of the fact that he had his Tesla self drive to him from the parking lot while I was having the valet bring up my car.

I personally hate the interior and exterior looks of a Tesla and have no interest in a car that drives itself. They feel the same about my V12s and V8s. I can see the day when a muscle car with a transplanted electric engine will be the hot commodity (but I will still be driving my 383 with its lopey cam and loud exhaust and have a big smile on my face).

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i went to visit my old friend Carugati in Geneva last week, and he had 2 sitting there for sale. he told me he would have to go below 2.5 mil to get a bid, but the owners didnt want to yet.

but he also said all big cars have dropped about 30%. 275gtb that was $2-2.5 mil, now he said he can probably get 1.5-1.65 for the same car.

3. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    agreed. Ferrari is pushing so much new product it risks losing it's exclusive pricing power.

4. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I fear your calculation may be flawed because at the current rate of depreciation, you'll only have to wait 5 more years and they'll be giving them away, which is even better news.

5. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    I would be happy to pick up a second LAF if there is a give away offer. Or a major discount like 50% off is fine too.

6. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    in the future Enzo will be worth more than Laferrari

7. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    in my eyes the LA Ferrari just isn't that special compared to previous special ferraris.

dustman and Therry like this.
  8. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    I fear all of these early hybrid things are too complicated and the tech is already out dated.

Obviously car culture is in HEADY spot if every car manufacturer is pushing and selling out of $1m plus new cars. The new demand for cool cars went to new stuff. For the foreseeable future I think pre hybrid supercars will be the place to be. Super fast with a vintage feel and relatively easy to work on. The 275s and stuff is just not fast enough for the younger people and it doesnt capture their imaginations enough.

roma1280 likes this.
  9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    $200k+ replacement cost for hybrid battery could most certainly be off-putting to some.

APA#1 and roma1280 like this.
  10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Let's not forget this is typical for the latest Ferrari supercar in their market lifecycle. They usually shoot up. Then starts to fall back only to plateau, but still above MSRP.

Enzos did the same. They started at $600k and shot up to $1m+ in Europe then started to fall back under $1m then back up to where they are now. The LaFerrari is now in that spot where it's not the latest and greatest in perf or exclusivity so that docks some points off its desirability. So the question is - will it attract collectors in 3-5 years who want to own it as part of their permanent collection?

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    ... and/or will said collectors still be actively engaged in collecting at that time?

Caeruleus11 and Marcel Massini like this.
  12. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    its in a lull.
    when interest comes back, most of them will need new battery packs....will they be available? at what price?

ferrari, and arguably the others, are making these hyper halo cars to service a particular market of collectors who never really drive them, or dont drive them in a way to push or take advantage of their prodigious capabilities.

this is not a new phenomenon - probably started with the enzo, where nobody ever took it racing. and it is certainly the case with the Laf - nobody is ever going to campaign that car.

the younger crowd that wants incredible performance, and may even drive them on a track, will likely seek out the pista/ speciale to fit that bill.

rob lay likes this.
  13. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    exactly, Enzo and F40 are legendary cars

plastique999 likes this.
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Something from the stone age compared to a LaFerrari.

of2worlds and Marcel Massini like this.
  15. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Stone Age is good. Yabba-Dabba Do!

willcrook likes this.
  16. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    They were is the $1.6-1.7MM new so not double at the $2.2

17. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Replacement car is due in 2 years as well.

18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    More like 4 years.

19. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    The market has spoken. Record results for F40's and F50's show that serious collectors are over the Laferrari.

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The market... LOL!!!

21. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I mean judged on numbers alone you can see what one is more desirable.

22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    A piece of junk, by modern engineering standards, like the 250 GTO, is even more desirable. The "market" is just a laughable concept when it comes to judging things.

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    You don't have to agree with it but the market is the market, and it defines value, which speaks to what's desirable.

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Which has nothing to do with the object's merits. I am sure you are aware that there are clients who do money laundering by buying classic cars and paintings. In the late 1960s a GTO was going for less than $10,000, as it was considered an obsolete race car... Which is what it is, in all honesty!

25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Regardless, the market is the market, and it defines value.