My Fuoco Italia (Warning: Picture Heavy!) | Page 6 | FerrariChat

My Fuoco Italia (Warning: Picture Heavy!)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BlueIn2Red, Jun 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
  2. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    Congrats Andy!!! Now THAT'S a nice detailing job!! :D

3. spiders

spiders Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2012
    Very cool!

4. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Just read the entire post. Awesome and thanks for the excellent pics (by all posters!).

What happened to the titanium center caps? The titanium matched the wheels, but I like the yellow for the overall look. Seems you decided on the yellow after all?

5. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    Yes simple as that really, just decided I preferred the yellow after all.

6. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Now that the centers are yellow as they should, you can paint the calipers in a proper colour: black, grey, silver... :)

7. Spareparts

Spareparts Rookie

Oct 14, 2016
    England
    Hi Andy, just catching up with this thread and your beautiful 458! Don't mind me asking, but who did the PPF for you? Was it Topaz or someone else?

8. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    It was Topaz.

9. Spareparts

Spareparts Rookie

Oct 14, 2016
    England
    Ta! Just about to have mine done by them as well, and it's good to hear your install continues to survive well.

10. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    Small end of summer update - car is still awesome :) Main event this year was a driving tour in the south west of Ireland, and the car performed brilliantly. I snapped this picture early morning in the services car park on the journey there, and I think the nice light shows the paint colour pretty well.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tickerhound, IloveGT, stavura and 5 others like this.
  11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Gorgeous car and color! Congrats!

12. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    A very stunning and elegant looking 458! I love it!

13. motodavid2000

motodavid2000 Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Florida and Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Andy -

Thank you for sharing your ownership experience with the Forum members and for the many beautiful photos of your magnificent 458 Italia.

- Dave

BlueIn2Red likes this.
  14. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Man I really love that color. I’m hooked on triple
    Layer paints

15. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    beautiful color...

16. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    I've been enjoying my time in the garage over the past few weeks, doing the winter cleanup and applying a couple more layers of sealant. Really pleased with the results - the paint protection film is still basically perfect as far as I can tell, almost two years on. There are a couple of small stone chips, but nothing bad enough to warrant replacing the film in those areas yet. The best thing for me about it is the "self healing" aspect - I'm careful with my washing methods, but not over the top paranoid, so I don't doubt that I'd be creating a small amount of swirling on paint. On PPF it's just gone after a few hours in the sun, and it's back to the perfect paint finish "locked in" under the film.

(I am using the car during the winter, as I can't bear the thought of it being locked away for months, but only on dry days when road salt is a non-issue.)

17. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Such a beautiful car and color!

18. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    Not much of an update, other than up-to-date photos for those that may not have seen this thread before - I still have the car, still love it, still use it (up to 25k miles now, apparently "very high" mileage for this kind of car!), still love cleaning it (the pictures are after the winter freshen up), and it's still perfectly reliable. I have again wondered about a change (McLaren 720S - much faster, but poorer in all other respects for me, Aventador S - spectacular, but I don't fit!), but ultimately realised I'm lucky enough to own the car of my dreams, so would like to keep it for as long as I possibly can.

I did do one small "upgrade", seen in the first picture - the carbon "LaFerrari style bridge" for the centre console, which I was lucky enough to pick up on eBay for a (relative) bargain. It's an official Ferrari part, and I was brave/stupid enough to fit it myself, luckily with no unhappy ending.

19. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Your Fuoco 458 looks incredible. I had ordered F1 Rosso 2007 on my 2011 458 (which I still have). It is bicolor (black roof) I completely understand how difficult and how dependent the color shows based on atmospheric conditions, photographer, camera, etc. I have about 11K miles on it with PPF. The paint and PPF still looks amazing.

I decided to order Fuoco on an incoming F8 spider. I saw it on a LaFerrari at my dealership. Wow. Should be an interesting contract to the argento pista I have.

Congratulations and enjoy.

20. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Beautiful. Love it with the yellow calipers. My Pista is incoming with that same look.

21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Man, I still prefer 458 to 488 in the looks department. So elegant and so sporty at the same time. PF design indeed is timeless. The pista look is also very awesome in its own sense.

22. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    Thanks for the tip, but I actually find the opposite, at least when it comes to photography - in real life I agree with you to some extent, but, with my limited camera skills anyway, under direct sun the paint tends to “bleach out” a little, and look more like standard Rosso Corsa.

23. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great looking car

24. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    There’s never been an instance where I mistake Fuoco for Rosso Corsa. It has much more depth than RC in sunlight.

stavura likes this.