430 - MPS4S wow | FerrariChat

430 MPS4S wow

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedTaxi, Jan 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Just got the new shoes on and wow, like a new car. 9yo (eek I know) P-zeroes came off. A new level of smoothness and quietness that I never imagined. Even the annoying buzz in the drivers door is gone! Highly recommended. Oh and I went for 235's up front and they haven't upset anything.

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    yep, great tires. beat my previous Pirelli hands down

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Agreed. I like them better than the previous MPSSs...T

Red 27 likes this.
  4. DrPaul

DrPaul Karting

Dec 27, 2018
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Paul M. Strickler
    Does anyone know the pros and cons between the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and the Pilot Sport 4 S?

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Paul- Besides the fact you do not want the PS A/S 3+ and do want the PS4S? All kidding aside, the A/S 3+ are all season tires with compounds and tread pattern compromised to provide traction in rain and light snow. The PS4S are summer tires with compounds not optimized for operation in low temperatures, especially freezing rain, slush, or snow which prevents them from coming up to temperature. Work fine in low temperatures on dry roads if you take it easy until they warm up, but still not as well as they do when temps are higher.

6. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I have them on my 911, wish they came in 360 sizes. :mad:

Not too bad at all in wet 45-50 degree weather for a summer tire either, although I think I’d avoid trying to use them near freezing.

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    put 430 wheels on and problem solved!

8. DrPaul

DrPaul Karting

Dec 27, 2018
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Paul M. Strickler
    Thanks! That is about what I figured out as well, once I did a bit more research. I have the Pirelli P-Zeros on now (they are what came with the car), but Discount Tire ruined them when they removed them when I had my rims re-painted. With all the chats I have seen, the PS4S seem to be the clear winner.

9. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The Pirellis are an awful tyre and the Michelins are simply superb within in a wide temp range. I can imagine how this upgrade felt from 9 y/o Pirellis!

Themaven likes this.
  10. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    We have the AS 3+ on our BMW 535 and the 4S on our 360. Perfect for each car IMO. The BMW is driven in heavy rain and light snow and the tires are perfect. The 360 is driven occasionally in heavy rain and performs very well on wet asphalt and surprisingly well on the California grooved concrete. I won't drive the 4S on (even light) ice and snow.

11. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I run PS4S on both my R8 and my W222 S400, great tires.

360, I would be running PS4S, but I needed the stretch from other tires!

12. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    Other than the ruined tires, how did that work bringing the (I'm assuming) F-Car to Discount Tire? Did they drive the car in and out of the garage, or did they let you?