Good 812 deal? | FerrariChat

Good 812 deal?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 905doctor, Jan 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Yes. Probably close to $100,000 off original MSRP once negotiated. Handsome looking spec despite being largely devoid of any carbon bits (just LEDS). Has pretty much everything most everyone might want, lifter, racing seats, TDF wheels, etc.

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Similar good deal to the two at Ferrari of Austin.

3. 905doctor

905doctor Rookie

Jun 25, 2016
    Is it really possible to get it down to $324k you think? I like how it looks in pics, planning to go see it in person next weekend. I had my eye on Grigio Titanio Metallic color as I find it shows off the lines much better on the body so not sure how I'll feel about this one, but going in person will tell. Plus if they go down further might tempt me to pull the trigger.

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Having spent a month reviewing with 4 different dealers/brokers, these are not selling well and prices are still falling. I passed at $285k on one, fwiw.

of2worlds, Avia11 and Thecadster like this.
  5. 905doctor

905doctor Rookie

Jun 25, 2016
    Wow, how could it be that low!? I mean MSRP on a new one is 340ish. Maybe I should just wait it out a bit more then.

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Msrp on this one was near $400

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Dustman is right, I've been watching these and there getting down there. Wait a bit, it's a buyer's market, you would be surprised on the deal you may get...

Avia11 and 905doctor like this.
  8. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    No cars are doing well at the moment, I'm keeping an eye on the market and see lots of good value out there across the board but, still see prices slipping so waiting on the side lines. If you want to get the best value just hold out a bit longer and watch the prices until they stop reducing but, I don't see any sign of prices stopping to drop soon. Very good value already out there and exceptional value to come, just my 2p worth, I'll add a whole load of cars if this continues much longer. We are very privileged to have an opportunity here as we will see the very best and last of the combustion engine and prices to acquire will be very reasonable indeed!
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds and Gershwin like this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Actually, I do. Were it me, I wouldn’t pay more than that, and it would have to be my perfect spec.

10. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Not to make you hesitate further, but you’re right about Titanio.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds, Gershwin, Avia11 and 13 others like this.
  11. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Definitely sitting.Low 300's is where most seem to be. I did see one around the 280k mark but had lot of miles. If you want to PM the lead you turned down for 285, I may be interested

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    It has since sold. They are indeed sitting. Dealers controlling to keep price inflated. As is customary.

13. 905doctor

905doctor Rookie

Jun 25, 2016
  14. 905doctor

905doctor Rookie

Jun 25, 2016
    Definitely like the sound of that, I'm in no rush but just thought this was a good deal, will wait and see how low it gets.

15. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    The Grigio Titanio looks fantastic but I think the Blu Mirabeau will also show the lines well. I couldn’t find a photo of a Blu Mirabeau 812 but this photo of a Cali shows how it accentuates the sculpting of the car. The dealer photos taken indoors don’t do the 812 justice.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer likes this.
  16. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #17 noone1, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    I suppose being a good deal is relative. The base prices on new exotics have gotten so high that $75K under sticker still doesn't seem like much of a deal.

17. 905doctor

905doctor Rookie

Jun 25, 2016
    Is that really Blu Mirabeau? The one at toy barn looks much darker. Reason I'm not after this color on this car is that I already have a 911 turbos S in sapphire blue so wanted a change in color and also a color that suits the car like grigio.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I’m not the owner of that Cali so I can’t be 100% sure but the photo was captioned with Blu Mirabeau. I’ve also been close to buying a 599 in Blu Mirabeau and can confirm that it’s one of those chameleon colours which changes in the light. It sparkles in sunlight and can be quite moody on overcast days. Titanio is the same.

If you don’t want another blue car then be patient and wait for a Grigio car to show up - although you’re much more likely to end up with Silverstone rather than Titanio as Titanio comparatively rare (as is Blu Mirabeau!)

19. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The color strikes me as too light to be Blu Mirabeau, BUT, often times colors can look quite different on different shapes.

of2worlds and Il Co-Pilota like this.