Planes - More than a passion | FerrariChat

Planes - More than a passion

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Cessna195, Jan 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cessna195

Cessna195 Rookie

Jan 1, 2015
    South Wales, ny
    Full Name:
    Tom Treharne
    I currently own 7 aircraft. A 1938 Beechcraft Staggerwing (Silver Lindy award, Oshkosh 2016), a 70% scale P-51 known as a T-51 (Titan Aircraft), a 1918 Neiuport Bebe Bi-Plane and four (4) Cessna 195's of which one is a US Army LC126 version. This compliments 5 exotic cars ranging from a Mclaren 650, Bently GTC continental, Porsche Panamera Turbo, a 1958 Rolls Royce and a 2002 Ferrari 575M. Several pictures of the planes are attached. I had to build a 9500 sq ft garage to work in and to store the toys. All but the planes, which are in hangers off-site. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I will post some more pictures soon. To much to do today.[​IMG]

Manda racing likes this.
  2. Joey4420

Joey4420 Rookie

Apr 6, 2018
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Joey Shreve
    Love the 195's, beautiful aircraft.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Tom- Photos did not make it. The Nieuport 11/16 Bebe aircraft were actually from about 1916 and obsolete by 1918. Possibly some still being used for training in 1918, but life spans of WW-I aircraft were measured in months.

Welcome to Ferrari Chat.

Tcar likes this.
  4. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Four C 195's !!!! Terrific planes. Often flew with a crop-duster pilot eons ago in San Joaquin Valley in California in his 195; his thrill was to "fly the flags" with me as spotter, then go back with the Stearman later to do the application. I was always impressed/scared ****less by his acrobatics......but hey, I was 16 and immortal!:D

Manda racing likes this.
  5. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    I love C195s

6. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    My favorite all time sight and picture I took at Oshkosh was a red and aluminum finish 195 on floats!

7. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    FLOATS!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    2 of my favorites!

NürScud likes this.
  8. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    More like this?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

donv likes this.
  9. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    i am not a high time hot rock but I have been fortunate enough to have flown most of the Cessnas from the 120 to the 310 (Ernie Gann's). Two of them are stand-outs, the 195 and the 177. I was put in the left seat of the 195 by a friend/owner to fly it from Friday Harbor, Wa. to Renton, Wa. It had been some time since I had flown much of anything that big so I took it on. Take off was from a 50 ft. wide rough strip, visibility from the cockpit was through a narrow view over the cowling from the left side of the windshield. So, until the tail came up, all I could do was to maintain that view. I somehow kept it on the strip and got airborne. Once in the air, that airplane was a solid, smooth, stabile joy to fly. Once trimmed, it stayed there like it was on the proverbial rail. I was sad when the trip was over. The Cardinal experience was the same. A night time flight with three other people, owner and his wife and my wife. That airplane was the most friendly and easiest airplane ever. Again, smooth well balanced controls and just comfortable and easy as hell to fly. I'm almost 94 and if I were rich I would have one today and I know damn well I could fly it. In 1947 I flew a Cessna Bobcat from the right seat and it was great fun, too, and would keep your feet alive when it was on the runway. I don't know if there is a bad Cessna.

donv and Dewinator like this.
  10. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    What’s the story on that pic ? Who’s boat and plane ?

MDS

11. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Don't know Mike.....was a header on WB a year or two ago......I clipped it because I had an SF at the time.....and lusted after a Beech 18.

12. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I thought of one other Cessna that was enjoyable, the 206. A strong workhorse that was predictable and well balanced. I helped to fly the freight with a friend in Friday Harbor and I got to like the competence of the airplane with a load. I'll always remember the the unicom guy at Blakley Island warning us of deer at the far end of the runway that had a high hump in it that obscured the north end of the runway. Flying in the San Juans then was a joy.