812 production photos | Page 4 | FerrariChat

812 production photos

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by marky1, Jun 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    SeeIng mine today at dealer as well. Anything obvious to look out for to see if a GPF is fitted? I would imagine my dealer won’t know any more than some on here.

2. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Not sure if you'll be able to see the GPF unless the car is on a lift.

3. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Even if on lift, there may be an under car tray (for aero) that blocks the view and require removal to see for sure... (??)

4. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    If it has GPF -- doubt it by the way, far too early for cars to be fitted with that yet -- then I suspect you have a few pages in the user manual telling you how to maintain it and what to do when the GPF light on the dash says it needs a heat cycle to clear out all the build up. I am making that up -- but every so often these GPFs need a heat cycle for defined period to restore them. So it is highly likely there will be something in the user manual about it when they start fitting them. They won't have started fitting them yet. Way to early.

marky1 likes this.
  5. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This is my chassis number. ZFF83CMB000248xxx (last 3 digits are numbers not x).

Looks to be a 2020? Don’t have the actual car yet as still at dealers so can’t look in the manual. Has anyone with a recent delivery also got a 2020 model year with no GPF?

Edited to say actually it may not be a 2020. 10th digit for model gear designation only used on USA models, otherwise will be a 0?

6. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yours was made before mine and I have a 2019 USA model.

marky1 likes this.
  7. TheMagician

TheMagician Rookie

Oct 25, 2018
    Czech Republic
    So, it took me much longer than expected to get a decent answer from them. After a couple of weeks, they met some representatives from the factory and then they downplayed the whole GPF issue. They were trying to assure me, that the GPF will not add much weight or power loss. Also that the sound will be good. Basically, they backed their statement that my car will not have GPF and will be build earlier. They offered some test drive for me with a car fitted with GPF in November, atelier experience, etc. I originally agreed, that I will first test the GPF fitted car and then I will make a decision. But I was thinking about it a lot and came to the conclusion that this is not a good solution of the situation. No matter how they sugar coat it, I will indeed get the car fitted with the technology which plays down the v12 sound. I originally planned to equip my 812 with novitec n-largo exhaust to truly unleash the sound of that magnificent v12, but also novitec guys told me, that they are not sure if they will offer aftermarket exhaust system for 812 with GPF. So I decided recently to cancel my order - tomorrow I will meet with dealer as they want to discuss the situation once more and I will see what is on the table and let you guys know.

marky1 likes this.
  8. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Received Key Box today. Like it.

Are 812 owners also receiving those amazing scale models that match your car’s spec? That would be cool. Would love one of those matching my car’s spec.

9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I find this reaction a bit OTT. I would try it first and then decide. It will still be epic, either way.

10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Why cancel if you can have the car as intended, without GPF which would allow you to fit it with the Novitec exhaust...

I guess I am missing something...can you help me understand?

11. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Mine is 246xxx and I just picked it up from dealer last Saturday and it’s a 2019 model year. Not sure how we are 2000 cars off from each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. TheMagician

TheMagician Rookie

Oct 25, 2018
    Czech Republic
    Oh, sorry, I wrote that sentence incorrectly in English. They retracted their original statement about me getting car without GPF, instead they mentioned that the GPF is not a big deal and that my car will get GPF.

13. mgmoore

mgmoore Rookie

Jul 16, 2010
    SoCal
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

First picture for 812 ordered in Los Angeles at end of April. Car is currently at status 70, testing, and will watch to see if it is moved to status 90, transit (shipping), while the factory is shutdown in August.

marky1 likes this.
  14. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Very nice TDF 70. What interior did u choose?

15. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Strange hey? Will double check it when it comes but that’s what dealer sent me.

16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Ok, thank you, I understand, no to GPF, because your order will have GPF I understand why you cancelled, I agree and MY2020 will have automatic emergency braking (AEB) too, I wonder if Ferrari will allow it to be disabled and if it will be as easy as disabling HELE or perhaps AEB only disabled when in CT Off mode...

It is time to shop for a 2018/2019 812 without GPF!

17. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I was in a brand new S Class MB limo in NYC two months ago and the AEB engaged without warning while our driver was pulling out of the airport terminal area. The car came to an immediate jolting stop that shocked both us as passengers as well as our driver. We were never able to figure out what caused it to engage. I'll never own a car that has AEB as I firmly believe it creates more dangers than it averts!

18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a24511826/safety-features-automatic-braking-system-tested-explained/

The car companies don't hide the fact that today's AEB systems have blind spots. It's all there in the owner's manuals, typically covered by both an all-encompassing legal disclaimer and explicit examples of why the systems might fail to intervene. For instance, the Camry's AEB system may not work when you're driving on a hill. It might not spot vehicles with high ground clearance or those with low rear ends. It may not work if a wiper blade blocks the camera. Toyota says the system could also fail if the vehicle is wobbling, whatever that means. It may not function when the sun shines directly on the vehicle ahead or into the camera mounted near the rearview mirror.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a24568692/driver-assist-features-may-not-work-owners-manual/

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-recalls-defects/kia-optima-recalled-because-automatic-braking-could-fail/

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/automatic-braking-systems-in-some-nissan-rogues-is-going-rogue-safety-group-says-032719.html

https://thebrakereport.com/mitsubishi-recall-68000-vehicles/

AEB, what a nightmare, be extra careful out there!

19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I too hate AEB, but I have not yet driven a car in which the system is not defeatable.

20. mgmoore

mgmoore Rookie

Jul 16, 2010
    SoCal
    Exterior color is Blu Mirabeau; I thought the TDF was too dark to highlight all the body shapes.
    Interior seats are cuoio, carpeting black, stitching, ponies, and belts are blue.

F12JAJ likes this.
  21. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Yeah, they’re not perfect but let’s c if it’s same when u c it.

22. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    very nice!

R J likes this.
  23. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
  24. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Car arrived in UK on 12 April 2019 and I collected in early May. Model arrived yesterday. So 9 months for the baby Ferrari to arrive after the actual 812 was delivered.

of2worlds and klinkman like this.