SF90 delivery schedule? | FerrariChat

SF90 delivery schedule?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Il Co-Pilota, Jan 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Hi all

What is the latest news on SF90 deliveries? Have anybody gone past Green 10 yet, and what is the various dealers saying in terms of expected deliveries? I have heard everything from late Q2 to Q4 here in Europe for cars specced in Jan/Feb.

I would think that press cars should be out come April. Considering Pilota has the SF90 on the schedule, I would think they start production sooner rather than later.

2. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I am being told “summer” for first deliveries...

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  3. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    No confirmation for UK deliveries yet but best case is late Q3 or Q4 2020, worst case is early Q1 2021. Prices for some smaller options have not been confirmed and some standard option finishes have not been confirmed either.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Thank you

Seems like Q2/Q3 is not entirely off for Europe. You UK guys often seem to have to wait a bit longer for your RHD cars. So Q3/Q4 is probably right for the UK.

Very exciting:)

F142George likes this.
  5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I doubt very much there will be anything other than the odd straggler seen in the UK before 2021. We haven’t even seen press cars yet.

F142George likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think both Europe and the UK will get press cars in 2020. I can't see them doing Corsa Pilota with SF90 cars and then not having press cars out by then. While RHD cars tend to get pushed back a bit, I still think the UK will get press cars in 2020, if Ferrari will even "bother " with an RHD car and just use LHD cars in the UK. The SF90 is fairly low volume after all.

gzachary and F142George like this.
  7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    One of the broker conference calls last year said H2 after the one before had said Q2 so there might be some press cars over the summer but I doubt there'll be any customer cars before the summer shutdown - and these first few cars could well end up being justification of the great American tradition of avoiding the first year of production

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Would seem a bit odd to me that they would have them on Corsa Pilota but without any customer cars being delivered.

gzachary likes this.
  9. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    I am willing to take a very large wager that there will not be SF90 in Pilota.:)

10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
  11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    How much you want to wager? I’m willing take some action.

of2worlds and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  12. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    My bet is it will be there for the events near the end of the year.

13. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Ultimately, I just don’t think they can include it prominently in their promotional material, charge $20,000 to attend, and then say “...whoops...never mind...the SF90 will not be included after all”. At the least, participants would be entitled to reimbursement in full.

14. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    $10K. but for transparency the person who puts together and runs Pilota told me personally 2 weeks ago in person.

I am curious where you found the schedule. I will send it to him for his comment. He is at Daytona right now.

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    If you like, PM me your email address and I will forward it to you.

16. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Here’s a screenshot of the email that was sent to me by my AD. I certainly would not doubt the veracity of your source, instead I was merely pointing out that the promotional material makes unambiguously clear that the SF90 is to be included in the various events. Moreover, would the SF90 to NOT be included at this point, there would be significant heartburn amongst the participants.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Co-Pilota and gzachary like this.
  17. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Ah. My misunderstanding then :(
    I am now glad that the wager didn’t materialize because I was missing your point. :)

Thanks for being great in your style of explanation. (Otherwise known as being cool).

technom3 and Thecadster like this.
  18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Could it be that the SF90 (as well as the Challenge cars) are only for some of the programs?
    Before, the Challenge cars were not for the Sport Course for instance.

of2worlds likes this.
  19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Definitely. I would guess that SF90 is for EVO only.

20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Not that this is perfectly analogous, but wasn’t the Pista made available for all the classes last year? I know the SF90 production timeline is different and that might effect availability, but I would think that Ferrari would wish to include it similar to the Pista. The attendees of Corso Pilota are high level enthusiasts and having the SF90 available would certainly help develop that segment (electrified ME forced induction V8).

Anthony Capone likes this.
  21. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
  22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yes. Pista was available for 2019, not sure about 2018. Not sure if it was available in all classes though. Don't think so.

I doubt Ferrari sees a need to use the SF90 in all classes. They have just about sold all of them, so why bother? The people I know of who have ordered an SF90, already have done all levels of Corsa Pilota. I'm sure some will go there to have fun with the car and get to know it, but other than that, I don't see newcomers with only one or two cars in the stable opting for the SF90 in Corsa Pilota. Add to that you will have to be a decent client with some cars and some affiliation already to even get an order in for an SF90. So it simply boils down to the fact that why should Ferrari offer up the SF90 to anything but the high levels of Corsa Pilota? I don't see the need, and I think many will like to learn how to drive their F8, Pista or 812, rather than a car they will never drive.

Thecadster likes this.
  24. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Makes sense. I am doing the Advanced course in the fall. I was rather looking forward to driving the SF90. I was offered a build slot, but declined. At the time, I was focused on trying to acquire a Pista. Too many awesome cars, and not enough time/resources.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  25. Mr T.

Mr T. Rookie

Dec 27, 2019
    Deliveries for dealers only in Q3. Customers may expect their car for late Q4 and 2021 Q1.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Dela and Mn-0127 like this.