Trunk lights in 328 ? | FerrariChat

Trunk lights in 328 ?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Sigmacars, Jan 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    my 2 lights in the trunk are not comming on on my 1988 328US,I tried the parking light switch,the stack on the steering column no response,the bulbs are ok the wires are ok.there is no fuse listed in the manual for these lights,can someone help with this how the work.

2. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    When you say trunk lights, do you mean the ones built in to the underside of the rear deck? If so these are the number plate lights that will come on when you turn on your side/headlights.

3. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    On my 308 there is a single wire connector at the right side hinge to power those lights. Is that fully connected?

4. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    There aren't any trunk lights in a 328. As noted, those are license plate lights.

5. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Check the ground that's usually the problem. Remove them from the deck lid and clean the contacts.

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Incorrect. There are two trunk lights on the 328, located on the back panel of the rear compartment, under the vinyl zipper cover.

Rifledriver likes this.
  7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Turn your headlights on. If they still don't go on then either the bulbs are bad or your connectors need attention.

8. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    Don't you have a 328 have a nother look there are trunk lights in every 328,anyway the do come on when the lights are up so when you drive at night the are on all the time very strange set up.

9. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    I don't see any trunk lights on the 328 parts diagram. I do see the same license plate lights that feebly light up the trunk when the lid is open. You can see the wiring runs to the front of the lid by the hinge to make the jump to the body.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    The license plate lights are completely different. No sense in confusing the topic. Yes, there are two trunk lights affixed to the back wall in the rear trunk, under the vinyl zip cover. I understand the skepticism, because Ferrari diagrams and owners manuals can be unreliable and incomplete at times. Regardless, they do exist, and they illuminate when the headlights are on.

11. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    GREAT :) I learned something! I've never seen the "trunk lights" come on in my 328 and never noticed them being there in 11 years of driving the car! Goes to show what happens from making an "assumption" as opposed to actually looking it up in the owners manual, which I was too lazy to do. Thanks! AND apologies for leading the OP in the wrong direction!! :(

12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    One of those peculiar Ferrari oddities, particularly given that the headlights need to be activated for the trunk lights to be illuminated.