430 - hot/cool air mix motor location | FerrariChat

430 hot/cool air mix motor location

Discussion in '360/430' started by mahlerfree, Jan 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mahlerfree

mahlerfree Karting

Dec 19, 2019
    Hi, my car has lukewarm heat in winter and only a little bit cooling in summer. I suppose it is this "hot cool air mix motor" isn't turning the flaps fulling on/off. I want to know where is this thing located as I can't find it anywhere using flash light under the dash. Should I pull the dash?

The diagram is from a 360 FSM(#6) that I assume is the same as the F430. The real picture is from an ebay auction.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Number 6 on your diagram ..which is a blow out pic of area near item 4

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

mahlerfree likes this.
  3. mahlerfree

mahlerfree Karting

Dec 19, 2019
    I removed the glove box and definitely saw #6 now. They are 2 motors with metal shells. But the ebay picture really shows a device enclosed in plastics. Is this something I can find on the outside of the evaporate unit? Is pulling the dash necessary?

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I have attached the part of manual - it doesn't give you directions other than saying "some items can be accessed from under dash vs dash removal etc"

I haven't changed one so can't give you my personal guidance - sorry

Attached Files:

mahlerfree likes this.
  5. mahlerfree

mahlerfree Karting

Dec 19, 2019
    Look what I found. The heater proportional valve connector is missing one wire. Does this explain my problem? What made the previous owner do this,phew....

6. mahlerfree

mahlerfree Karting

Dec 19, 2019
    I poke the wire back to the connector and voila, the proportional valve now works. Alas, the motor won't stop, it's like the motor is supposed to stop but the 12v won't drop to 0v. The motor clicks and clicks and seems to stuck somewhere.
    I have a friend coming in with his 430 so I borrowed his valve and installed, same click and click. Put my valve into his car, everything's fine.
    Swapped the AC ecu with his, nothing changes.

The connector has 5 wires and there's one black and one red so I test the valve with a battery and everything seems good too, no clicks.
    Does anyone know what the other 3 wires are for.