F355 Market | Page 140 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    [​IMG]
    1995 GTB Mileage: 46890, $69,500.00

[​IMG]

1969 365 GT 2+2, Mileage: 57560 $29500

When 47k miles 355s sell for $300k, maybe then they will be collector cars. Otherwise they are just used cars, some better than others. My Cayman S with 5k miles would list for $49.7k, with 50k miles $41.5k There is nothing magical about used car prices being condition/mileage/option dependent. At today's prices event the best of the 355s are selling, in todays dollars, for a fraction of the actual cost. My '95 spider had a list of $128k. In todays dollars that would be around $216k.

There will always be some differential in prices based on condition, but as long as it is about condition and mileage, and not about the car in general, they are just used cars.

Jon Von Bon and BOKE like this.
  2. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You missed a Zero on that 365. I was going to wire the money :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blkdiablo33, tres55 and eyeman1234 like this.
  3. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I was thinking the same! haha

4. Kokose7en

Kokose7en Karting

Dec 5, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    where is that 355 listed?

5. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Fixed it. :)

Jon Von Bon and carnutdallas like this.
  6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #3481 johnk..., Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    It's from a few years back, at the market peak. There is Red/Tan '95 currently on Cargurus with 45.7k miles listed for $65k. Now showing sale pending. Also a black/tan '98, 54k miles, $58.5k. So the number for that car is in line with current prices for higher mileage cars.

Jon Von Bon and carnutdallas like this.
  7. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Right. But my original comment was in response to unicorn 355s...and a low mile 355 isn't a unicorn in my opinion. I don't mind miles since I like to drive. I just want a unique spec with some rarer options and keep it forever.

Robb likes this.
  8. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Etco
    Min
    I know, but then you began the crazy talk.

Either way, good luck in your search. A 355 is a worthwhile pursuit.

9. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    What crazy talk?

You "guesstimated" 1/3rd of all 355's have been wrecked or parted out.

There's literally two GTB's with under 10k miles on them and they're both asking $100k USD on the website you provided. Neither of them have rare options...they're standard red on tan examples.

What does the Sultan of Brunei having a few 355s have to do with anything? He has a few of everything...

Anyway, literally nothing I said was inaccurate, yet I'm the one crazy talking...got it.

10. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #3485 Jon Von Bon, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Easy comrade....

People can ask what they want. It’s what they are getting for the car that matters.

I would say EASILY 3-4 K of these cars have been wrecked/parted or should have been.

I don’t know everything and I don’t even want to. I have enough responsibility. I put an educated guess out there. I have owned 5 of these things at one time and currently own 3. I think that putting that information out there helps the new guys on here get perspective. God knows I could have used some when I first bought one. I am very mechanically inclined but was afraid to touch mine when I first got one and got totally screwed. Hopefully we can protect the new guys that want to buy and love these cars. And I guarantee whatever you pick, it won’t be as nice as mine, (your highly optioned and all)....

I don’t give a **** about talking up values so some dick can feel better about himself. This site has helped me and I’ve met some awesome people. Have met some real funking idiots too who couldn’t get laid in a women’s prison with a fist full of pardons. Maybe your one of those guys. Maybe not.

Our cars are relatively old cheap cars and my truck is worth more monetarily, but I love the 355. It is awesome. And I still point when I see one like a little kid. If I found a TDF/Tan like the one I let get away, I’d probably pay 458 money for it.
    You sound ridiculous when you talk about options and the other crap you said. At least to me. I may be mistaken.

Good luck on your search Padre. And enjoy safely.

11. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I don't care about values either. The 355 is the slowest car I've owned...my family SUV is faster than it, probably around a track too.

I'm still here because I agree with you that it is unique experience and deserves a spot in any worthy collection of drivers cars.

I do find it ironic though seeing you yourself say you'd pay 458 money for a TDF/Tan one but I sound ridiculous because I'm looking for a particular spec for long term ownership. :rolleyes:

12. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I am a certified 355 nut. GTS, euro, TDF tan stick. But those aren’t options.

You should get a faster 355. There isn’t a single SUV that is faster than my F1 355. And that’s a fact.

13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Ha, not quite...

Even a $62k Dodge Durango goes 0-60 in 4.2 seconds.

Maserati Levante Trofeo 0-60 3.7 seconds with nearly 600 horses.

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
    0-60: 3.6 sec | 505 hp | $80,445 |

The Alfa laps the Nurburgring in 7m 51 seconds...which is nearly 30 seconds faster than a 355.

tres55, BOKE and 355dreamer like this.
  14. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Ha , a man with intelligence!!

Well Johnny boy, I’d like to see any of those jalopyees out handle my 355 and even out of the box they call the 355 at 4.7 which mine is much faster and quicker. Mines mapped and pinned and GCK’d with all the good exhaust mods and great intakes.

My 355 is a monster and would easily out perform a challenge car.

15. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    My observation is that the 355 is the last of the V8 Ferraris that were regularly used by their owners. I say this because it's rare to find sub 10K mile 355s but sub 10K, almost unused 360s and 430s come up all the time. 360/430 are newer so that explains part of it, but I recall a shift in the early 2000's when the mileage weenies seemed to become more commonplace. I have a fabulous red/tan 96 355GTB that's 100% sorted and is a pleasure to drive. I also have my eye on the market and if I found a great B or GTS in Titanio or Blue I'll trade out of the one I'm in for one I'd like to hold long term.

16. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Unicorns that appear everywhere. :)

Once again guys. The cost or values of these cars isn’t what we should be talking about.

If you want a reliable, fast, slightly rare sports car buy a ZR1. And those don’t require crazy service.

True owners and buyers of 355s shouldn’t be concerned about what they are worth. Go drive it. Drive it to 100k miles and then start again.

Life is short... find something you love and spend every free moment you have behind the wheel, going out with your wife and playing sports in your back yard with your kids.

If you expect to make money on your $75 F355 GTB, F1 or Spider you’re totally missing the point.

Go buy some stocks and drive a nice Honda. You’ll do much better.

I’ve owned about 5 355 GTB and GTS over the last 18 years. Some “made” me money, and I used to be focused on this and really was committed to participating in these “value” threads. No more...

For those of you who might not know, about 2 years I was diagnosed with brain cancer at the age of 39. It provided me, amongst a lot of other things, to really appreciate the things that actually matter.

I could give a **** now about what my car is worth. I loved them all, for the smiles they gave me when I took my boys for rides, meeting great friends and car lovers, getting up @5am to take a drive on backroads before traffic showed up. The list goes on...

If you don’t yet have a 355, just go buy one. None are perfect and all of them will cost you a lot of cash at some point. But, they will give you smiles, thumbs up, opportunities to meet other car lovers, and much more.

Life is short. Go do what brings you happiness!

17. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #3492 Jon Von Bon, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2020
    Ask Luke tons of questions. He is a great resource on the 355

18. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Thank you mods.

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  19. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thank you beaker.

20. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    GOD Bless you 355dreamer. I hope all is well today. ZR1 for the win!

Opening a new shop in the next 60 days. Signing lease tomorrow or Wednesday. If it does what I think and pray it will, I will buy another 355 and larger garage to start Ferrari buying - 458 and 355.... or filing for bankruptcy. There is always that.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    That's great and all that you love the 355 as much as you do, but you're just not talking facts.

The Cayenne Turbo S, Mercedes GLE63S, GLC63s, and even the BMW X5M lap the Nurburgring faster than a 355 by 20 seconds or more. The Lamborghini Urus is faster than all of these as well...but that's in another stratosphere of cost.

And this is on a track with turns...straight line these SUV's would smoke the 355 by over a second in the quarter mile. Since you're comparing your tuned 355, any of these SUV's with a plug and play tune would absolutely destroy the 355.

I love the 355 just as much as anyone else on this forum. I probably spend way too much of my free time hunting for the next one on the global market...but you're just not stating facts. You can neg me all you want in an attempt to discredit if that makes you feel better though. :)

22. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada

Couldn't agree more with all of the above.

Glad you're still here with us!

tatry68 likes this.
  23. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    A stock one yes.

Mine no.

24. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
  25. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Do you have numbers to back up your claims or just seat of the pants figures?

There's been countless threads of people trying to squeeze out more power from the 355. Unless you have done absolutely everything including weight reduction to an extreme, you're not keeping up with modern performance suvs.

Sure the 355 will be 10x more fun...but we're talking numbers here...and that's facts.