ecu tune for California t | FerrariChat

ecu tune for California t

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Gene G, Jan 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gene G

Gene G Karting

Jul 13, 2015
    Saint Johns Fl.
    Full Name:
    Gene
    looking for what others are doing for a tune and 200 cel catted downpipes.

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Apparently nothing...

Contact Vivid Racing. They have a few different options.

Tubi Sales likes this.
  3. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Tubi offers an HJS 200 Cell Catted Downpipe for the California T and I can help you figure out tuning.
    Check your PM for more information.

daytona355 and tomc like this.
  4. Bry85

Bry85 Rookie

Jul 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bryan Vaughan
    I'm in the process of looking at the same things. I talked to www.scuderiacarparts.com. They are a Novitec distributor and Novitec has an ECU tune box for $1,650 and 100 or 200 cel sport cats. Sport cats are $8,000 and was going to post here to see if anyone knows of other options for the sport cats.

I'm going to leave the stock exhaust on. The biggest bang for buck will be on the cats in terms of sound, I'm pretty sure. I had the dealer lock the flap open already. I had a Cayenne GTS with sport exhaust and it sounded flat. Put on a set of Fabspeed catless downpipes for $1,000 and turned it into a howling beast. Hoping for something in the middle with the Cali T.

Has anyone with a Cali T done only sport cats? Results? Or sport cats with fill exhaust? Video would be great is anyone has some.

Anyone done the Novitec ECU tune? If so, how is it?

I'm hesitant to ask about experience with dealer / warranty after Novitec ECU tune because it seems like every thread about ECU tuning kind of devolves into a debate about whether to tune at all and not much info about how dealers look at it and performance results. I did have a manager tell me it was not an issue but there does not seem to be a definitive answer. My understanding is that the Novitec box is not very demanding in terms of it's interaction with the engine controls. Thoughts?

Thanks...

5. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    If your looking for a high flow cat situation, Tubi offers one for the California T. It uses the world standard HJS 200 Cell High Flow Catalytic Converter so no worries on that end. As for tuning, it depends on what your looking for there is two major types of tunes available in the market currently a bench flash and a piggy back. The bench flash is the go to for the best calibrations for your exact needs where as a piggy back solution more of a one size fits all type of tune.

I'll shoot you a PM with more information so take a look at that when you get a minute.