New 612 OTO Black&Red | FerrariChat

New 612 OTO Black&Red

Discussion in '612/599' started by mike051, Jan 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike051

mike051 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Hi All,
    I'm from Brittany (west of France) and live in Paris area.
    After more or less 2 years of having an interested look on 456 and 612 markets, I found a lovely black & red MY2008 612 OTO in Prague (Czech Republic).
    First life in Moscow (provided new by Zao Maranello/Moscow) during its 8 first years, before beeing imported in Prague for 2 years.
    26000Km, full serviced at official dealers (8 services in Moscow, 2 in Prague).

I found it last june, and came back to Paris by road (approx. 1100Km): what an emotional day! :)
    Since then, it's a pleasure everytime I take it, specially with the sound of the sport exhaust.
    This year, we made a road trip to the "Chateaux de la Loire" with my wife and my 2 kids. I hope next year the trip will be in Italy, back to Maranello!

Dixit My-Ferrari, here are the specs and options:
    EXTC - External Colors - Nero Daytona WB 508
    HGT2 - HGT2 Package
    LOGO - Scuderia Ferrari Shields
    MIR3 - Electrochromic Rearview Mirror
    PAC1 - Parking Camera
    PAR2 - Front and Rear Parking Sensors
    TYPP - Pirelli Tyres
    CRPT - Carpet Colors - Nuovo Rosso 592A
    CRS1 - Cruise Control
    DARK - Dark Painted Alluminium
    DAY1 -Daytona Style Seat - Rosso FX
    INTC - Internal Colors - Rosso FX
    IPOD - Ipod Connection
    PIP1 - Colour Upon Request for Piping - Nero 8500
    RPMR - Red Rev. Counter
    SHF3 - Leather Parcel Shelf - Rosso FX
    STC2 - Coloured special stitching - Filo Speciale Nero 4000
    STP1 - Daytona Seat Leather Stripes - Nero 8500
    TVT1 - TV Tuner

PS: my first post on FChat. Don't hesitate to tell me if I made any mistake.

F612, NYC Fred, Nicolas21 and 9 others like this.
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    great car you will absolutely love driving and living with!

lee-o and mike051 like this.
  3. Veloce12

Veloce12 Karting

Aug 19, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Brady
    Frankly, I am not fond of red interiors, having owned two 612s with cuoio interiors, but your spec is stunning. Well done! Enjoy!

4. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Congratulations. Black with red interior rocks!

lee-o, mike051 and Caphill like this.
  5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Great looking OTO with just the right amount of Bordeaux in the interior.

lee-o, m5shiv, mike051 and 2 others like this.
  6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats and I wish you good luck with it.

I hope you are a little on the outer side of Paris. The toughest rotary (roundabout) I ever had to navigate was in Paris during morning rush hour! :)

7. mike051

mike051 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Thank you all for your replies.

@tazandjan : depending on the light, the interior could vary from flashy red to Bordeaux. The exact color name is Rosso FX.
    @Nospinzone :I have never been in Paris with the 612. Road traffic is to high, it's not a pleasant time for the clutch!!! I live 10km (6mi) from Paris, I prefer to go to the opposite side (Orleans, Le Mans, ...), where you can really drive and find beautiful landscapes and architectures.
    And it is true that due to the proximity of Paris, I cannot take it at anytime: I must take in consideration the road traffic.

I presume that the roundabout you're talking about was "Charles de Gaulle - Etoile", at the top of the Champs-Elysees, around the "Arc de Triomphe". According to me, it is the worst rounadbout we have (a common roundabout for a parisian guy, a horrible one for everyone else!!!).
    Paris could be great with a Ferrari....if you want to take some beautiful photos of your car. Except for this case, forget it!!! ;)

lee-o likes this.
  8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    As best as I can tell it was the roundabout at Porte Dauphine. We had checked out of the St. James Hotel and headed for CDG. It wasn't only the mass of cars, but also the scooters. My wife was having heart palpitations for the people on the scooters. I told her not to worry, they knew what they were doing.

No, it wasn't at the Arc de Triomphe. As a Boston driver, I can handle that! :D

lee-o likes this.
  9. Titobandito

Titobandito Karting

May 26, 2019
    Switzerland
    That is a beautiful automobile. The red leather really looks good with the black exterior. Congratulations and welcome to the OTO club.

lee-o, m5shiv and mike051 like this.
  10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    They changed all the colors on me around the 2006-2010 timeframe, so I do not know them like I do the ones from the 90s and early 2000s.

FIN612 likes this.
  11. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    George Vosburgh likes this.
  12. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    You said to mention if you made a mistake - the only mistake would be if u didn't buy it

ttforcefed and lee-o like this.
  13. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I'm such a fan of the ball polished monolithic wheels. Both on the 599 and the 612, they should have made them standard!

14. vtfnupe

vtfnupe Karting

Feb 20, 2013
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Great looking spec! Enjoy it!

lee-o likes this.
  15. mike051

mike051 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    @Titobandito : since November, did you have some new informations about the first owner of your OTO? Is it really LDM?
    Anyway, mine is really close to yours: VIN #160596. :)
    In my-Ferrari.com, it is written that the factory warranty started on 11/15/2008. And yours?

I'm quite in the same case: first page of my Service Book is blank concerning the first owner. Ferrari Moscow had confirmed to me all the services they had done on it, but that's all I could obtain... According to registration informations I have, the first owner could be the dealer, from 2009 to 2010, but this sounds wrong regarding the fact that it is an OTO (customer specific).
    Maybe the reason is elsewhere and simplier: first owner was Vladimir P., and he didn't want to have his name on the service book. :D

ONSilver likes this.
  16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Many 612s were special ordered (only way to get one) and then the order was cancelled during the unpleasantness of 2008/2009.

donv likes this.
  17. mike051

mike051 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    You are right. Could be an explanation.

18. Titobandito

Titobandito Karting

May 26, 2019
    Switzerland
    I haven't had time to really dig into the story recently, as I have been living out of a suitcase with work travel. I will get back to it now that things are slowing down again for work. I certainly plan to explore it further. I've got some suggested contacts from here and through my dealer, including some potential people in Ferrari, so I'm hopeful I can get more information.

My car has a warranty start date of 22-02-2019.

My owner's section lists Ferrari SpA as the owner. The importer is the part that is weird, as it lists *marketing* in place of a dealer.

It would be nice to have Putin's car. lol. I imagine the downside would be the American CIA monitoring everything you do. It would be good if you could somehow turn that into free service work. Mentioning you hid secret information micro printed on the cam belts, so they go in and swap them, for example. lol.

19. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    very nice congrats

20. Titobandito

Titobandito Karting

May 26, 2019
    Switzerland
    Sorry. I mean 2009 for the date. I'm still writing 2019 on things. I'm either a year behind or a decade ahead. :)

21. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Welcome !!! :) (2 years laters :p )

mike051 likes this.
  22. mike051

mike051 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Thanks @Nicolas21 ;)
    A french proverb says « late is better than never. » :D
    Since this presentation, my situation has a little bit evolved: I live now in Brittany since last summer.
    My 612 is still in Paris area and I will pick up her next Friday to bring her to ou new sweet home, in Brittany (450 Km). But the whether is not good this week, with probably snow and obviously salt on roads. During this day, I have scheduled a pit stop to Pozzi Le Mans, about the recall on brake fluid. I cross my fingers for having all this stuff done correctly. ;)

Nicolas21 likes this.
  23. mike051

mike051 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    stoutman11, cgt000, 599_GTO and 2 others like this.