328 Engine is out! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

328 Engine is out!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Rod, Jan 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Does the bottom fork need undoing as a separate piece? Ie should I be holding the nut and turning the fork or just the nut? Its had a tap with the hammer so should now be separate from he body/hing.

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    The bottom fork does not need to come off. You need to remove the four little bolts at the top-mid section of the mount, then the mount will drop through the hole. But you may have some rust issues.

Rod likes this.
  3. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Indeed, this is what the hangers look like when broken down. One of mine didn't make it out alive! I had to have that central bolt remade by a local engineer - think we used an M12 bolt to do it

Rod likes this.
  4. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Easy when you know how! one is off the other is hanging on by one tiny nut which is the most difficult to remove! currently soaked in plus gas.... lets hope it comes free. I want to get them blasted and Now to try and split them down without breaking them!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. jallanblue

jallanblue Rookie

Jan 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    Juan Blue
    Yelcab, do you recall the contractor that you mentioned before. The one that sued for breach of contract and you won the case.
    Well as luck would have it I have crossed paths with him in NC and am currently in a court case. Any information that you could give me would be most helpful.

6. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    These hangers are still available, but the center bolt fork might need to be transferred over from your original unit.

You want the VR-126-2 model. It is identical to the OEM unit, except the finish is black.

https://www.vibrachoc.es/producto/vr-126/

7. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Thanks.. great spot.... I will email them for a price... I guess they could easily be recoated if needed.

8. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod