Bargain-Basement Ferrari - What's it worth? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bargain-Basement Ferrari - What's it worth?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Joe B., Jan 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Good man!

Joe, also take a look at the Wikipedia article. You'll find a lot of data there, including comparative stats to cars of the time period.

JaguarXJ6 likes this.
  2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    did my offer go unnoticed? Lol you’re two towns away. I wish I’d looked at one before I bought my 8 in 2014

3. Joe B.

Joe B. Rookie

Jan 26, 2020
    Cheshire, CT
    Full Name:
    Joseph Bango
    Thanks for the invites to see cars in Connecticut...I'd enjoy taking those up on that, as long as you can forgive me showing up in my 60's vintage MB SL...the 280SL has a nice note to it, but doesnt sound as exhilarating as a high revving Ferrari...speaking of which, even as an EE, I just couldn't see the adrenaline flowing in a Tesla as in a Ferrari...I'm paying myself a bonus at my business to start looking for a clean car...I look forward to meeting forum members... you guys are a dedicated good lot!

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Nothing wrong with a Pagoda they are beautiful cars very well built.

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. SKIT

SKIT Rookie

Aug 30, 2010
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    Scott Weinstein
    Do your best to find a Mondial T
    After 1990
    Also stay away from yellow

6. SKIT

SKIT Rookie

Aug 30, 2010
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    Scott Weinstein

7. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    What's wrong with yellow?

8. SKIT

SKIT Rookie

Aug 30, 2010
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    Scott Weinstein

9. SKIT

SKIT Rookie

Aug 30, 2010
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    Scott Weinstein

It’s terrible for resale

10. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    This is one of those "to each their own" moments in life, so I'll just be quiet.

11. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    sold my yellow 348 for $7500 more than I paid for it, yellow wasn't an issue for me. Theres an a$$ for every seat. Yellow mondial OTOH, could be tougher I get that as the car appeals to a more conservative demographic. The few yellow ones I have see look great though. But yes the concept of the mondial and screaming fly yellow are some what a contradiction of terms

12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  13. Joe B.

Joe B. Rookie

Jan 26, 2020
    Cheshire, CT
    Full Name:
    Joseph Bango
    I think yellow is striking...red is always the preferred color...I don't like the wheels....the 308 and 328 stars are kinda dished concave and I think look much much better than stock Mondial wheels...does anyone else agree?

14. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    There are diffrences in the wheels between abs and non abs cars. On the 328 abs started on the 88.5 model year cars and the wheels went from concave to convex.

15. Joe B.

Joe B. Rookie

Jan 26, 2020
    Cheshire, CT
    Full Name:
    Joseph Bango
    Thanks Rob...that makes sense...although I'm surprised Ferrari needed that must room to add an ABS sensor...has anyone tried to fit earlier rims on the later cars?

16. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I started with a 1983 Mondial QV. My first Ferrari and I loved it to bits. Sure it had fuse box issues but it is one of the few cars I look back on fondly.

If I bought one again I would have a 3.2. Colour coded with a bit more performance and engine in situ belt change.
    The T does look more modern but because it is an engine out belt service I'd take the 3.2

I admit to never really liking the stock wheels on my QV and had I kept it longer I would have changed them.

As for yellow; I swapped my Mondial for an F355 in yellow. Loved it in yellow and I think for the mid-engine V8's yellow looks great. Back to a red 360 Modena but unlike my Mondial (which had crema interior) the 360 has black.

paulchua likes this.