Value advice... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Value advice...

Discussion in '308/328' started by Craig Munschy, Jan 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    "Who's the U-Boat commander?"

ferrariowner likes this.
  2. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    The original poster did not bound his assertion. So the point is indeed valid. Granted, I would not recommend purchasing the car pictured, but you can clearly purchase a lot of 328's below $30k if condition doesn't matter (try Googling it).
    I agree that $30k is well below market value for a usable 328 or 308.

3. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Yeah, not so much.

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    There are no 328's Trading at a minimum of $90K ... unless they are uber low mileage - like 2000 - 10,000 mile examples. those would be trading in the mid $150 - 200K. a 328 with 50K - 60K miles = $45 - $55K .... less than 45K miles $55K - $70ish... in todays market. more than 60K miles = Less than 40K,and if in need of major service - 30K or less. FML - lists asking prices ... cavalino at sold... I wish 328's were $90K cars - believe me. Asking and selling Ferrari's .... very different.

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Just hit up the recently sold list on bring a trailer..there you will what people are willing to pay. Average 328 price seems to be in the 45 to 60k area..gtb no included obviously..

6. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If you're shopping for a 308 and thinking about market values and ROI's just turn around and walk away right now. These cars are now the rightful property of true enthusiast, gearhead DIYer's who understand that the whole essence of them is to be able to own a Ferrari while simultaneously having a family. To support them through your own sweat and blood. To drive them hard knowing that they can take it and maintain them to the level for that purpose.

Okay, I'm exaggerating for effect here but in essence that's it.

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    yep - totally agree. sadly ... they are great cars that require a "tinkering" mentality of the owner.

8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    yep, I agree. they are probably with the Porsche 911's of the 80's the last of the DIY - tinkering cars you can buy. maybe a Lotus espirt as well. I think a good 308 can be very reliable but will need some intervention. a 328 is going to be extremely reliable ( for Ferrari ) but will again need some DIY at some point. 308's are a bit more fragile in terms of electrics and cooling... but they are super fun cars that can be driven at 7- 8/10ths all day... over and over again.

9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Most of the people I help find a 328 for is the long time Ferrari owner who had one in the day, traded for a 348,355 12 cylinder or whatever a few times. Came to the realization he was buying a lot more car than he was using and spending a lot of money having it. Memory lane brings them back down to earth and they remember the car they loved and didn't need to be a line item on the family budget.

10. Portofino

Portofino Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2011
    Yorkshire UK / Switzerland/ Liguria ( Italy )
    Full Name:
    Portofino
    Precisely .
    Testarossa
    360;F1
    Now 208;GT4 .......feels as simple as a wheel barrow and very DIY er able in comparison.

11. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The important factor is fun. I have more fun driving a 328 than almost any newer Ferrari, many worth many times as much.

I have a client selling his Super America and is going to replace it with a 328.

JuLiTrO and Crowndog like this.
  12. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I do enjoy driving my 328 while I am chasing the faster cars. It just makes me work that much harder.

JuLiTrO and thorn like this.
  13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I hope the OP got the car.

We know the 81 82s had issues but surely by now that senior owner had sorted them and from proof of odometer enjoyed the machine.

dwhite likes this.
  14. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    My first Ferrari was an 82 gtsi. Best experience with a car ever up to that point.
    The only thing I changed was the bad WUR and that goofy looking 80mph speedometer. Bought it with low mileage and that car was the most reliable daily driver ever. When I sold it the Ferrari market was at its peak. Turned out that it was also my first car to have come out of it not upside down, actually made money even after subtracting insurance,service, tires and gas. Those were the days.