Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 141 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    You live in Socal, it doesn't surprise me that you got more than 190K. Obviously market/climate dependent.

As you know, low mileage is perhaps more important than model year for Ferrari. The 2017 Titanio decently spec'd 488 with 4xxx miles from FOSF has been sitting for half a year and will likely transact in the $190K's and that's talking Bay Area. Imagine what an equivalent 488 will transact for in the upper midwest or snowy NE in the middle of winter. Add 1 model year and it's not far off to assume with good haggling skills and being the dead of winter that an 18 won't change hands for sub $200K and if not now than before autumn this year.

2. I did not sell it to a SoCal dealer. In fact, it was a dealer in the NE.

I don't want to argue anymore as this is unproductive.

Lets return to talking about the virtues of the F8.

Cheers.

LARRYH, Borrow’d Mine and Coincid like this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    ya it’s very reasonable. I’m going to test Columbus in February to possibly spec one. I hear they did some things to help with interior space as well.

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    @ipsedixit. No worries brother, I'm happy you got decent resale on your 488.

Not prolonging this argument but for someone searching for a 1 owner 5000 mile 2018 for 200K give or take

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Nice, hope the weather cooperates in Columbus next month.

6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

I mean, I know 488 prices have come down but you can’t say 200k five or take and use a 226k example I’d give and take. That’s a lot of give- 26k???

jm2 and Astrid.Didier like this.
  7. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Depends how motivated the seller is Sam. Can only speak from personal experience but I've gotten 9-11% off asking price on sportscars/even brand new exotics with some haggling.

In any case my point stands, despite my lukewarm reception to the 488 when it was released. At current pricing and compared to the substantially higher price of a new well-specced F8, the 488 makes an intriguing proposition. If one waits a few months, it may evolve into a compelling proposition. YMMV.

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    listen- I sold my 488 for a much bigger loss than I expected when I got my Pista. But 200k??? Haven’t seen any 488s at the price.

jm2 and Astrid.Didier like this.
  9. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
  10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    488 values don’t matter much to me, what’s a decent F8 spec all in? $360k?

11. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    It depends on what a "decent spec" means to you!, as it also depends on your taste, some tastes are very expensive by natural, and others like everything to be as simple as it could be!

12. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    360 grand. I get a heart attack. It's crazy how things have changed... Inflation here we come

Sent from my Pixel 3 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

nmcclure likes this.
  13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Lol dude I’m not here to philosophize. Did you spec a car? What were your options and how did it price out?

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  14. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    The F8 Tributo Price List "Please kindly find the attached file"

Attached Files:

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  15. Minte

Minte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I was about to ask that.. I just took delivery on an '18 - 488. a couple of weeks ago. When I started looking seriously after Christmas there were 131 of them listed in the US. The average cost was over 230. Mine has a lot of C/F and it was over $250. Spiders are averaging $270+

16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Are you averaging the purchase cost or ask price here?

17. Minte

Minte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2004
    Wisconsin
    asking prices. I bought through a dealer and they negotiated a bit with me on it. I didn't spend much time trying to get a lower cost though. Based on what I saw available around the US, I was ok with the price. It was fair.

18. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    When you walk away feeling the deal was fair is a really good outcome especially after the research you performed. :)

Astrid.Didier and of2worlds like this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Astrid.Didier likes this.
  20. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    so I guess I will order the F8 .. not sure all the options but I do know the Exterior will be RED
    like the PISTA standard wheels if I can get that I will if not I will order std then change them
    but my spec looks like it will be in the 410 range... crazy .. but I like Carbon fiber on a Ferrari
    I really dislike unpainted black plastic .. so .. all carbon interior and all carbon options on the outside....worst thing I Have to get 300 am after the Super Bowl and drive 250miles to get to the dealer...etc...
    I have given up on a PISTA which I really love... but only willing to pay 25 over for a red one ..
    there are plenty selling for around that but not as I like

Astrid.Didier and Glenn Quagmire like this.
  21. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I looked at other colors and ended up with RC myself, just what I like the best. The prices on the CF bits are absurd, but I agree I do prefer the CF as well. I did all the CF inside without going to the matte finish. I left some of the exterior pieces that are easy to swap out black plastic, as I will replace them with CF down the road at a significant savings.

22. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    One thing that made me decide to move on this allocation for the F8 is the new exhaust system
    while it does apparently have a particulate filter they have a C pillar exhaust port which is an exhaust tube running up the C pillar on the car to really make the car sound great from the interior ... I have this same set up on my E63S AMG .. and the car sounds great it is real exhaust sound inside the interior .makes a difference

23. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    what color interior did you decide on

24. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    All Cuoio leather with Daytona race seats, however left the dash & steering wheel black. Again, thats what I liked the best, looked at the other browns.... stuck with Cuoio and didn’t want black. I didn’t do Rosso stitching however, to me it does not look that great on Cuoio. At my salesman’s recommendation I went with Grigio Chiaro stitching and I like the look!

LARRYH and of2worlds like this.
  25. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    The tube does into the cabin does in fact work. I like the fact it is not artificial sound.

LARRYH likes this.