F8 - Order Status | Page 7 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    If black is your thing, get black. Too many red cars anyway. You might want to consider Nero Daytona which is a nice metallic black.

Cigarzman and Micah Greathouse like this.
  2. Micah Greathouse

Jan 26, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Micah Greathouse
    I will keep that in mind. There's a doctor here I know that is getting a red one too. So, there's that. I want to make sure I don't get a color that hurts the resale down the road someday. Thank you for the advice!

3. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm having second thoughts on standard Rosso corsa and like the look of the metalic reds but some are crazy money, is there one that's good but isn't insane on the wallet? I like the way the metalic red cha goes shade with the angles of the car and the lighting so want that effect without pYing £20k for it

Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

^^^^^
    This ! My 488 spider is Nero Daytona. I will also spec my F8 spider in Nero Daytona too.
    Best , Kirk

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Standard RC is a solid colour. Unfortunately at certain angles it will look flat. If you do like the RC colour which i love consider the RCM, its a very very fine metallic of the RC. Its the cheapest BUT being a metallic it always shines no matter what angle you look at the car. That's why I got it.

PTG1 likes this.
  6. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    #156 jim g, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    My car is status 90 for anyone trying to figure out how long their F8 is going to take.

Jcmd, Dicecal and Drson like this.
  7. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    What was the time line from when it went 20?

8. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Where did you see this? I've been 20 for over a week and I still do not see a VIN?

9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I don’t have a VIN on MYFerrari account either... does not seem to be a standard for that either...

10. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    As soon as you open the Ferrari app and click on your F8 it should be there above the car detail and pic drop downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    My car was status 20 when I checked on December 11th.

12. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    That’s great Jim. My car is now status 40. Should be 90 in a week.

Manuranjith, jim g and Dicecal like this.
  13. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    We are probably very close in production. I check that damn MyFerrari app for pictures daily, still nothing. Post your pics when they show up!

14. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Hope you are right. I have been 40 for 3 weeks now. Praying it is just ferrari not updating their system. Still no photos.

15. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Mine was at 40 for almost 4 weeks.

16. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Interesting. I keep hearing that they’re pumping out more cars, which should mean that they go through the stages quicker. My last 2 488’s went from 40 to 90 in about a week to 10 days. I guess we’ll see, but do I have the exact dates for my last 2 cars and it will be easy to compare.

17. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    May have to do with just getting this line up and running. My guess is it will go faster in a few months. I called the dealer today just to verify and I am still at 40. I was 10R in mid November. He did verify they shut all lines down for over 2 weeks during the holidays so that probably had an impact too.

18. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Definitely weird John. I went 10R mid January and we’re both sitting at 40. You should be 60 days ahead of me. Not sure I get what’s going on.

19. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Wonder if it has to do with options. Maybe some colors / options move quicker than other. What color is your exterior?

20. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    I’m Rosso Corsa with black interior. I was told that my colors and options were nothing out of the ordinary and should move along quickly.

ScottS likes this.
  21. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I configured mine today I am told it is a May build with June deliver... Rosso Scuderia with
    all carbon fiber options and Couio Daytona Seats.... I am told it will lock this week ...
    .. I will post the build once it gets emailed to me..
    I unfortunately live 250 miles from my dealer...I think I will like the car ........
    I hate to think what the price will be .. interestingly I saw 2 Pistas one with ZERO options
    and it looks it.. then another with nearly every option and it was around 475...It had the carbon Fiber wheels which by the was looked not very high quality ....
    I figure I will be low 400s.....I need the car for a mid June event a couple of guys and I sponsor each year...hopefully it will come

22. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Have heard several people comment on the 400k price tag. The 488 well equipped could be had in the 320k range. I didnt think the price went up that much with the F8.

Cigarzman likes this.
  23. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    If you want to check your pricing before you get the email:

Attached Files:

LARRYH likes this.
  24. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Thank you I already used that to get an idea of pricing .....it will be low 400s or so....

25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    According to my dealer, there's quite the delay. A relative of mine went R10 on his Pista Spider in late October, and Maranello has said Q2 delivery. Original plan was late Jan or early Feb, now they say April at the earliest. He's a good client with both modern VS cars and classishe car, and also corse cliente, so it's not for a lack of willingness from Maranello. I don't see the usual 4½ month from Red 10 to delivery happening at the moment.

Anthony Capone likes this.