Video, this is why I don't have a ferrari | FerrariChat

Video, this is why I don't have a ferrari

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 458LOVE, Feb 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 458LOVE

458LOVE Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    I'm a 458 fan personally but saw this video on YouTube and the comments are turned off on the video! Does anyone agree with this? But more importantly, I'd like to hear some reasons why the Ferrari is better. I'm about to get into a debate about this with some friends and we all like Ferrari's except one of us, and that's the one that sent me this video.

- go to 8 minutes. Thanks

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Jesus- so instead of listening to actual owners, you listen to some random idiot on YouTube who says dumb things to generate views.

I don’t even know what the video is about but anyone saying that any of these modern performance cars are not worthy is a moron.

ferrari, porsche, lambo, mclaren, etc etc- I’d be giddy to own any of them.

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Click bait for views. Ignore.

italiafan, vraa, kandi and 3 others like this.
  4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I quit when he compared the leather interior and non-racing seats in the Ferrari to the other two cars which were alcantara with racing seats. The racing seats on the Ferrari can be had in leather or alcantara and they are better. The door handle thing is completely stupid. I don't mind the handles on the 488 at all.

He is so biased he even has the AMG GTR as a better car, he isn't serious when he makes that kind of comparison, I owned that car and it doesn't hold a candle to the 488. Just a basher.

Thecadster likes this.
  5. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I think you have the dumb virus

6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I still cannot comprehend why people wear woolen hats in hot weather.

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    morons

stavura likes this.
  8. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    He forgot about performances and exterior design......... the two most important things , and however the performante should have be compared with the Pista .

9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I’m going to take everyone’s word on it and not waist the click!

IloveGT and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  10. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Clay512TR likes this.
  11. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I smell trolls

12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    It's been posted already IIRC - just trying to revive traffic maybe?

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Ok I'll bite and start with a question.

If none of you have ever driven a Ferrari, Lambo or Mclaren just at least name the big three in terms of exotic sports cars, how can you have a debate as to what is the best? Unless you drive a Ferrari, you will have a hard time understanding why it feels so different than say a Merc GTR or 911, or even a Lambo and Mclaren. Why is it different than a Mclaren? It just is. Is it better? I think so, some don't, but they are very much a product of a similar objective.

You can debate whether you like the looks and sound, and of course the marques themselves and what they represent to you. I have not watched the video and have no interest in doing so, but trust me, you learn little from most of those silly youtube videos where people with little to no experience make silly comparisons.

I can name a few reasons why I think the Gallardo, Huracan and Aventador is not working for me, as well as why I don't like the signal value of Lamborghini. But that's just what the marque represents for me and my experience with the cars is what I base my opinion on.

So debate away with your friends. Talking cars and kicking tyres makes for a good time. But be the clever one in the bunch, and stay out of the "I think X brand is best because it driven the best and is fastest blah blab blah" when in reality none of you know, and only argue your case based on what you actually know. Scores of people out there who think they know and are more than happy to let the whole world know how much they know. Unfortunately in reality they know very little and most have never even sat in one of these cars. How do I know someone is lying when they say they have driven an Aventador? Simple. They tell me they have and then proceed to tell me it's the most awesome car ever to drive:D

458LOVE and Minte like this.
  14. 458LOVE

458LOVE Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    Oh, I didn't think of that. Maybe he did a video like that for exactly what you said, VIEWS! I've wanted a Ferrari since I was a little kid. I was set on the 355, which at the time was the best sounding Ferrari there was. Then the 430 came out and it was ok, but then the 458 came out then I fell in love again. Basically anything after the 458 is a gorgeous car to me. I personally don't care that other supercars have more tech, etc. A Ferrari is what I want and that's what I'm going to get. I just couldn't figure out what anyone would make a video like this and then I thought about it and I do believe maybe for just clicks. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just couldn't figure it out and was also curious if anyone agreed to any of the points listed in the video. Also, I could care less out door that open up ala McLaren.

15. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    x3 :eek:

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Who's behind the video anyway? Not wasting a click on it, just curious from those who did click.

17. jomarti1

jomarti1 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    S. Florida
    R
    Really? did anybody even read this? bunch of morons!!!!Ha!

18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Are you older that 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowfax likes this.
  19. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Should be a minimum age requirement for noob posting.

IloveGT likes this.
  20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #20 Shadowfax, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    This dude is clearly 5 cans short of a six pack....and has some sort of attention disorder. This whole post should be deleted.....not worthy of oxygen. Pretty sure we all arrived at the same conclusion last time someone put this retarded nonsense up.

21. Suborbital

Suborbital Karting

Apr 25, 2018
    Fallbrook, Ca
    I drove the 675, Huracan, and 458. The 458 was a well composed masterpiece compared to the others. I have never had second thoughts. To each their own!

22. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Maybe I should make videos, at least I actually know something about cars! No, I didn't watch it, I never watch videos about cars. I only care about what I think so why bother. Example, I take three people and let them drive the same car and then ask each one their opinion, they will not be the same, not even close. So why bother watching, so I never do.

23. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The dudes in that video are "nails on a chalk board" idiots.

24. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I'll speak to your question.....everyone has different opinions which is why all these companies are doing well in the marketplace. Just last weekend I drove a Huracan and a 458 back-to-back.....and I greatly preferred the Huracan, which surprised me (especially since the 458 was the target car when I started my car fund in 2014). It was just alot more exciting a drive for me.

Hopefully I can go try out a 488 and an EVO in the next couple of weeks. OTOH, McLaren is just a non-starter for me....so much depreciation, and so little reliability. Now it turns out they can't source windshields that don't break.

25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    My question was for the OP, not so much the forum, but good luck with what ever you decide:)