355 Body parts | FerrariChat

355 Body parts

Discussion in '348/355' started by jlipper, Jan 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlipper

jlipper Rookie

Nov 24, 2009
    Pennsylvania USA
    Full Name:
    Joel
    Hello to everyone!
    I'm going to be starting a restoration on a 1998 F355 GTB F1 I purchased recently.
    My plan is to do a build as a daily driver / track car. So lightweight without many creature comforts.

I know there have been plenty of Challenge cars raced, wrecked, etc over the years.
    Does anybody have sources for race bodywork or light carbon / fiberglass pieces?
    I see some non-oem carbon/fiberglass parts pop up on Ebay every now and then.

After getting the car back to our shop, I was surprised at how much of the 355 is fiberglass from the factory!?!

Any help sourcing some parts would be a big help.
    Looking for:
    - Front bumper
    - Rear Bumper
    - Front Hood
    - Rear engine cover
    - Driver and passenger Door Scoops
    - Upper Dash

The story on the car: This car was part of a 60 million dollar collector car catastrophe.....The car's advertisement prior to the disaster (copied and pasted).....
    Description:
    Rosso Corsa Red w/ Tan Leather Interior, Fresh Cambelt Service, Red Painted Calipers, No Sticky Interior Pieces, No Shrinkage Leather Dash, Books, Tools, Spare Key & Fob 1998 Ferrari 355 GTB 2-Door Coupe Exterior Color: Rosso Corsa Interior Color: Tan Mileage: Only 10,268! Engine: 3.5 Fuel: Gasoline Transmission: F1 Description 1999 FERRARI 355 F1 BERLINETTA COLLECTOR QUALITY

Although it will never be exactly like it was, we saved it from being cut-up and parted out. It will be driven again and plan on a long loving life with the car. I previously owned a 348 spider and currently vintage race a special, well documented 308/288 widebody GT2 race car owned and raced years ago by Mohr Imports in Monterey, Ca.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I just bought a 348 that has 355 front bumper on it and 355 door scoops. They are grigio gray if that matters at all. I'm just looking to get enough $ for them to put back on the origianl 348 parts. Car is in FLA currently. PM me if you prefer. Thanks

Qavion likes this.
  3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Yassa likes this.
  4. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Saw this one on eBay I believe

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Yes, not the purest bloodline, but I always wanted a spider long term and its one of my top 3 color combos so I couldn't pass it up. Both the car and seller was less than expected (and I was prepared for the car :). But again it was a long term play and at a price that was hard to pass up.

jlipper likes this.
  6. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    I have a carbon front hood that came off of my challenge car years ago. Its not perfect as it has some undulations in it right out of the mold.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
  8. jlipper

jlipper Rookie

Nov 24, 2009
    Pennsylvania USA
    Full Name: